The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: World of Warships
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:29 pm 

Anyone have any details on these 1/700 Italeri kits? Reissued from someone else?

http://www.italeriusa.com/product-categ ... 20Warships

Lots of unfinished model ships + attention issues = A busy slipway where nothing gets done!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:56 pm 

Compare the sprue photos with the existing kits, and you'll find the Bismarck is Dragon's non-Premium edition, the Essex is Trumpeter's, and Atago is Aoshima's.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:39 am 

I also don't know that I would describe Bismark as the "final result of "bigger is better"". I think Yamato and Musashi would take that award.

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:22 am 

I play on the EU server, under this name. It's good fun, not exactly realistic, but that's OK. Some people take things waaaaay too seriously though. Usually those same people have an over inflated sense of their own abilities!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:31 am 

:woo_hoo: I don't know why and I am nowhere near it, but the Akizuki is coming! I hope she is like a mini Japanese Atlanta, will be interesting to see what else comes from this split of the tree. Also went against a Supertesters Tier X British Minotaur last night, if they have 6-inch guns, they have to be the furthest shooting and hardest hitting 6-inchers ever! I took 2-3 hits at 16km on my Hipper that set me back about 4300hp.

Matt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:13 pm 

i just started playing World of Warships. still on tier 3 and found myself taking a preference to cruisers. apparently i missed out on the chance to get the Arizona and recently learned that even Montana made an appearance as a Tier X premium battleship.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:54 pm 

Welcome aboard! Arizona was a limited time Premium, possibly returning someday as they do from time to time. The Montana is still the tier X American battleship. After a long grind, she sits up top of the American tech tree. I too find myself most affiliated with cruisers, Japanese followed by American. The Hipper is nice, but she is fragile. Haven't really played much of the British line but they are unique. Russians are again hard hitting but frail.

Still looking forward to the Japanese DD line split,

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:02 pm 

I am there since alpha test (started on RU server, moved to NA now). Nickname AekoldHelbrass, feel free to invite to division.
Atm I play 5-6 lvls, all except soviet DDs and US BBs/CVs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:05 pm 

taskforce48 wrote:
That looks familiar to more situations than just WOWS :heh:

On a separate note, was going through my stash looking for something when I came across and a kit of the Japanese Destroyer Akizuki. It suddenly dawned on me that this ship is absent from the game, would she be OP or just because of her small torpedo battery did they elect to not include her in the IJN DD line? I think she would be a heck of fun ship, 8 fast firing(albeit smaller caliber) main guns, should have a decent AA because of the DP mounts and Long Lance torpedoes. I would think she could rock a Tier 8 premium at least?

Just thinking out loud,

Matt

Matt, FYI, they've added a second sub-tree of IJN DDs, where Akizuki is at Tier 8. I haven't reached it yet, but they say it's fun, quite different from the rest of the IJN DD tree.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:05 am 

Aekold wrote:
Matt, FYI, they've added a second sub-tree of IJN DDs, where Akizuki is at Tier 8. I haven't reached it yet, but they say it's fun, quite different from the rest of the IJN DD tree.

As soon as they released her, I was grinding the Shiratsuyu hard to achieve the Akizuki. She is very different from the other IJN DD's, feels much more like a smaller Atlanta with a far superior Torpedo system. Guns as theorized do not do a lot of damage to larger targets but you can get into a running gun duel with most other DD's and come out on top, not something that you could usually accomplish in a Japanese DD.

See ya' online!

Matt "M83"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:19 am 

taskforce48 wrote:
Aekold wrote:

As soon as they released her, I was grinding the Shiratsuyu hard to achieve the Akizuki. She is very different from the other IJN DD's, feels much more like a smaller Atlanta with a far superior Torpedo system. Guns as theorized do not do a lot of damage to larger targets but you can get into a running gun duel with most other DD's and come out on top, not something that you could usually accomplish in a Japanese DD.

See ya' online!

Matt "M83"

What's your callname?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6