The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: World of Warships
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:53 pm 

I would also say Hipper, they now have her upgraded Atlantic Bow in the C hull I think. Going from the Pensacola to the NO Boat has been painful. It seems like she is way outclassed by anything she gets matched with. I am 9 out of ten times first killed as she seems to just have a glass jaw. Myoko has been similar but it's more 50/50 with her so maybe I just need to get the feel.

Matt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:20 pm 

So I researched Montana just so I could start the credit grind to get my first Tier X. Researched and bought Hipper since I had enough free XP left over (Already had 145,000 XP on Iowa).

Going to save up and go after New Orleans next.

Arizona is being added to the game with the next patch, premium Tier 6. My guess is she'll be added for a 4th of July event..her data is up but not the model. It looks like she's going to be given a hybrid of her final AA fit as well as part of her intended late December 41 AA fit of 4 quad 1.1's.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:42 pm 

Where did you hear about the Arizona? I've seen nothing on the official site or Google except for people arguing over what tier she would be if she was added and people worrying about offending people because she is a memorial.

I'd buy her in a heartbeat and I've hardly played recently.

But the most important question, what color will she be? lol

1:200 U.S.S. Arizona

Future Projects:
All of them!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:57 pm 

hondaman117 wrote:
Where did you hear about the Arizona? I've seen nothing on the official site or Google except for people arguing over what tier she would be if she was added and people worrying about offending people because she is a memorial.

I'd buy her in a heartbeat and I've hardly played recently.

But the most important question, what color will she be? lol

It was on the WoWS NA forums...it may have been scrubbed..but here's a nice pic of the stats. Apparently it's in the data for 0.5.7 that's starting PT this week.

http://i.imgur.com/7iLLWEN.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:33 pm 

Interesting, she will have 4 quad 1.1's and 8 .50 Cals. So 5-S would probably be the paint scheme based on the Pi day artwork.

Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:14 pm 

taskforce48 wrote:
Interesting, she will have 4 quad 1.1's and 8 .50 Cals. So 5-S would probably be the paint scheme based on the Pi day artwork.

Matt

More than likely, yeah, 5S.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:21 pm 

Here we are, gents...

Looks like Arizona got the refit she was destined to have...kind of sad really. It's like looking at an alternate history of January 1942

http://imgur.com/a/LfW72

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:00 pm 

Man that looks good! I must have her!

On a side note, I'm not sure if her decks would have been blue? At least not for Measure 11, it's my understanding that the teak decks would be left natural with the metal decks being 5D. Also, turret 3 is missing the catapult and shouldn't be red. Other than that I think she looks pretty good!

Maybe I am going to have to paint my Arizona 5S after all... lol.

Future Projects:
All of them!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:11 pm 

My life story when it comes to WoWS over the last month...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:03 am 

That looks familiar to more situations than just WOWS :heh:

On a separate note, was going through my stash looking for something when I came across and a kit of the Japanese Destroyer Akizuki. It suddenly dawned on me that this ship is absent from the game, would she be OP or just because of her small torpedo battery did they elect to not include her in the IJN DD line? I think she would be a heck of fun ship, 8 fast firing(albeit smaller caliber) main guns, should have a decent AA because of the DP mounts and Long Lance torpedoes. I would think she could rock a Tier 8 premium at least?

Just thinking out loud,

Matt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:44 am 

I think Akizuki is a hard ship to place. 100mm guns would be the smallest in the game, kinda hard to play at high tier with pea shooters. Not that Japanese DD use guns often, but sometimes you have to and they'd be horrid unless they had a very high ROF. At the same time, the Long Lance torpedoes could probably one shot anything below tier 5 except for battleships. Also the DP mounts do not function as AA in this game, they are either the primaries or the secondaries so AA wouldn't benefit from them. Again, DD don't really use AA much. Think of how deadly Atlanta would be if her DP mounts could work as AA lol. And Akizuki is kinda slow for a destroyer, especially compared to high tier.

I think it would be fun to have her as a low tier premium with short range Long Lance torps. Make it so you have to get close to your concealment barrier to use them so they are risky but powerful. Could make for a stressful but fun ship to play!

Future Projects:
All of them!

Last edited by hondaman117 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:27 am 

At best she would be an Anti-DD Destroyer..she would be too slow to effectively slash at cruisers and battleships and would be utterly outgunned by a Fletcher, Gearing or other Tier IX/X DD's..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:05 am 

German BB line supposedly being added with patch 5.8. With 5.7 being delayed a week, my guess is the following timeline...

5.7-Week of 06/26

Arizona being added in game-4th of July event

5.8- Week of 07/17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:09 pm 

That would be cool if they got another line out soon, it would almost ensure that at least one more would come out by the end of the year. Hopefully something from a new nation and not just more Russian paper ships!

I'll admit, I haven't played for over a month. Internet at my firend's house where I'm living now is too slow to play on, which is good becaue instead I'm working on the Arizona. Once I have the keys to my first house I'll be sure to get a good internet connection! lol

Future Projects:
All of them!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:59 pm 

I've been working on my 1/350 Dreadnought for my fiancé more..been playing less. I think my motivation is a bit waning because I'm having to credit grind to over 20,000,000 to get my Montana..plus I want to get my New Orleans and my Amagi.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:31 pm 

Location: About 50 miles away from the Gulf of Mexico ( traveling W is you do so :)
I haven't played in over 2 months but 2 days ago i bought Yubari for $14. I just couldn't resist not playing with a favorite ship of mine, although i still don't know why i haven't bought Takao yet..

Jose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:59 pm 

So, Arizona is finally out, and the reviews are mixed. Some people say her armor is good, others say its weak. General consensus is that the guns are significantly more accurate than NM but deal a little less max damage, traverse slower, and have longer reload. AA is awful and there's no way around that, especially if you get put in a Tier 8 game. Her speed and handling are comparable to the other Standard Type USN BB so we know what to expect.

She sounds like a pretty average premium ship unlike the Texas which was a noticeable improvement over the New York. Even so, I'm probably going to buy her this weekend and enjoy her because we know it will be at least a year before anybody will be able to buy her again. I'll check back in once I get a chance to play her.

Future Projects:
All of them!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:38 pm 

Just thought I'd also say that on the World of Warships Facebook page they have in game images of both Dunkerque and Scharnhorst, probably the Tier 6 or 7 ships for French and German BB lines.

Future Projects:
All of them!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:54 pm 

Just got around to getting my Fuso, so far she has been has been the best base model ship yet! My first 2 games were 70k + damage dealt, only complaint is the terrible range on her guns. Looking forward to getting a Scharnhorst, that just should be a fun ship at that level.

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:27 pm 

Did anybody see Notser's 5.9 preview video? He shows in game views of the German BB line. They all look pretty nice, a couple things not quite right.

First one I noticed was tier 7 is Gneisenau instead of Scharnhorst. I find this weird as it was the Scharnhorst-class not the Gneisenau-class. Second is the footage showed Gneisenau in the never built setup with 6 x 380cm guns. As we know she was never actually built this way, maybe it is an upgrade option and they are just showing all the ships fully upgraded.

Second weird ship is the Tier X Grober Kurfurst aka H-41. They gave her triple turrets instead of twins. I think they were worried she would feel under-powered compared to Montana if she had less guns.

Overall, looks interesting. We should see them sometime in the next month or two, I think testing begins in the next patch.

Future Projects:
All of them!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next