The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:55 pm 

Heck, I still miss XP!!

I rolled back to Win 8 and now everything works, although the scaling on my CAD files all got messed up. Seriously, most everything remained the same in terms of relative size, but now scaled much larger. Talk about bizarre.

I'm buying an old Win 98 Thinkpad laptop to refurb like the one I once owned just to use for writing and general tech nostalgia. Win 98 was pretty rock solid, and XP and 7 were even better. 8 and 10 are the Microsoft equivalent of the WW2 torpedo scandal.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:50 pm 

I think I mentally blocked out Vista to avoid ever thinking about it, again. Man, what a piece of kludge. We're still using it at work, and the network is as slow and buggy as ever. We're transitioning to new computers (Dell's that were midrange three years ago and quickly becoming obsolete today) and Windows 7, which Microsoft officially ceased offering support for in 2013. Can you tell that I work for a public school district run by morons?

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:49 pm 

That's for extended support. Mainstream support ended in January.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:13 pm 

Bob, that aft D type tub looks pretty decent with the director tub, perhaps just provide a door opening and I think that's it. :thumbs_up_1:

Are you looking at making the heart shaped splinter shields for the fantail 20mm installations?

Peter

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7