The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:30 am 
Guys
Perhaps you can help me. I am in charge of a 3D Modeling Business unit , part of a Division of a major and worlwide recognized maritime organization .
I am looking for a dedicated group of people to meet our current and future demand of creating comprehensive structural ( Not only geometric) 3D models of offshore units ( Jack-ups, semi-subs,FPSO, etc) , ship units (Tankers, LNG, etc) .
This will be an on going business , the demand will be about 150 models /year.

If you are interested, please reply to this post and I will contact you to follow up

Rgds
fmackenzie

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 pm 

What exactly does the work entail?

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:41 pm 
The work entails the creating of comprehensive 3D RDB (Relational Databases) to track structural condition and degradation during an asset lifecycle , by updating the original "as built " model with in service updated condition information ( Corrosion, thickness gaugings, etc)
For that, we need to build a structural 3d model from drawings ( Lines plans of perhaps some sort of compartimentation model ( like GHS, Napa, for the hull form, and structural drawings for details ( Bulkheads, frames, stringers, with all associated structural members like brackets, stiffeners, flat bar connections, etc) . Each of this components shall also contain as built information, like thickness, steel grade, dimensions, etc.

The tool we use to build these models is based on Autocad.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:38 pm 

If you have drawings, I can model it in 3D, but some of the other stuff seems above my pay grade.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:23 pm 

I would be interested, I have been working on a 1/48th virtual model of the USS Missouri (BB63) for about 15 years. I am a Product Development Engineer.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm 
Let me know something more about what you need..
I'm structural engineer with extensive AutoCad experience (see my Bradley a couple of posts above).
navy-at-digitalnavy.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:41 pm 

Hello,

I am a model maker and would be interested in getting involved in building the models if there was an opportunity to do so as I have built quite a few water tight radio control models before. Following on from the other responses it would be nice to see the drawings. I have limited cad knowledge and I am currently learning how to use the Rhinocerous Drawing programme but I am no expert at the moment.

If you want to contact me, or need further information don't hesitate to get in touch.

Dylan

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:29 pm 

Hi dylan. I would be very interested building models for you. I have around 12 years experience building 3d models for computer graphics and games. I also have cad and Autocad experience, allthough not for a few year now while studying product design, HNC.
I worked in the structural steel industry erecting steel framed buildings, and served my time as a stoker in the RN, so ive seen a lot of rust.
Hope you get in touch.

Bogey.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:58 am 

Apologies, that should have bene to fmackenzie. Got over entusiastic, and cant edit my post.

Report this post