The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: need help w bulkheads
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:52 pm 

figured id just start a new topic so i can get fresh people reading this

hey guys i really need some help, so i scaled the bulkhead view to the same size as the keel and printed out the bulkhead picture view and made 20 copies. went to go cut out each piece along the lines for each bulk head and noticed that at the top its rounded. so theyre not all the same height which means it doesnt fit along the height of the hull all the way down, for example lines 20 match up to the same height, but lines 19 and down dont. i dont get it? why was it drawn this way? if th first bulkhead matches up with line 20 just fine shouldnt all the others? how do i fix this?? how do i make the bulkhead templates from that picture?? can someone please just give me a straight answer instead of telling me to get a book because my book doesnt tell me.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:05 am 

forgot to include the picture. somone please help!! ive been searching every where for answers

Attachments:
Ariel4.JPG
Ariel4.JPG [ 107.77 KiB | Viewed 1111 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:51 am 
I was just shecking random forums when I found this.
I'm not an english native speaker but as I understand you are confused with this green curve?
This one is in some way a sum of all hypothetic bulkheads edges - or if you want outline of the ship side as seen from bow side. Like this:
So it does not show the deck line.
My advice how to make deck lines for all bulkheads will be: make a curve with big radius like the red one on my picture.
Then align its center line with center line of bulkheads plan and match its edges with each bulkhead edge. We can assume that deck transverse curvatue is the same everywhere.

Actually someone has told you how to do it...

Report this post