The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:26 am 

Hi All.

I want to make a couple of models, as a present to an old sailor. But I need some drawings for them, most off the superstructures I properly can make out from picture of them. But the hull it would be great to have some drawings.

the two ships that is i question is:

#1: M/V Spirit of Grace. IMO nr: 8037815. Build as USMC#2154 Pembina, later USN AK200. She is a C1-M-AV 1 Class, that was buildt plenty of under the ww2 war.

#2: F/V Mersea. IMO nr: 8966145. Built as USCGC Papaw (WLB-308). She is of the Mesquite Class, sea-going buoy tender.

I have looked around on the internet and havent found much. So Im glad for all the help I can get.
Looking for GA (General arrangement), Spun drawings, hull drawings or any other drawings that can help me to dertimine the shape of the hull more acurate.

Here is a link to a list of most if not all C1 ships that was build, if that can be an help to find me more infrmation. Just remember that it is drawings for the C1-M-AV 1Class, that Im looking for ;)
http://shipbuildinghistory.com/merchant ... oships.htm

Thank you all in advance.

Best Regards

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:02 pm 

You're in luck for the Mesquite class - HNSA has WLB-307 Planetree available, albeit only main deck upwards and out/inboard profiles: http://www.hnsa.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... wlb307.pdf

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:28 pm 
Hi JanFreeborn, did you sail with Friendships? I sailed as captain to New Orleans on the Mersea, and to Israel on the Grace. Did you have any success in your request for drawings for the Grace? Thanks, Jake Beaty

(Can I include my email address to be contacted?)

Report this post