The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:09 am 

Hello! I found MW when I was thinking about getting into shipbuilding model kits. Been lurking for awhile and I keep coming back to the scratchbuilding boards. The stuff here is astonishing! I have got to do this! It will be a bit before I can get started on anything major, but in the meantime any advice on tools and equipment will be helpful. Also plans -- I'm mostly interested in modern civilian ships -- rescue tugs, LNG ships, and so forth. I can tell there are lots of plans about for warships, but what about the civilian bunch? Can I use card models as plans? Any advice will be really helpful.

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:38 am 

hello moonpie , i hope you would feel welcome here , i am also a newbie in this great hobby , hope to hear from you man

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:58 am 

Moonpie wrote:
Hello! I found MW when I was thinking about getting into shipbuilding model kits. Been lurking for awhile and I keep coming back to the scratchbuilding boards. The stuff here is astonishing! I have got to do this! It will be a bit before I can get started on anything major, but in the meantime any advice on tools and equipment will be helpful. Also plans -- I'm mostly interested in modern civilian ships -- rescue tugs, LNG ships, and so forth. I can tell there are lots of plans about for warships, but what about the civilian bunch? Can I use card models as plans? Any advice will be really helpful.

Welcome feel l free to ask as many questions as you wish .If you haven’t already explored the Scratch build documented at the top of this board I recommend you have a look at the builds on this board especially those of ARH and Bill Waldorf .These explain in great detail how to construct hulls from the very beginning to the final coat of paint. Also Roel alias Neptune is very much into civilian vessels and certainly the man to ask. To answer your question re- card models the answer is yes you can. Best of luck and enjoy your time here.
Dave Wooley :thumbs_up_1: :smallsmile:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:27 am 

:welcome:

This forum is the place to be. Just today, a newcomer asked about doing something that had never occurred to me and it was like a blinding glimpse of the obvious and was verified to be do-able by a reliable source. This is the place to learn and the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:47 am 

all guys and maybe the odd girl , yes this is the best modelling site ever ! And theres so much we can learn and share , for all the other guys . Gary 71 did a really awesome job with rubbish and waste mostly , anybody else into junk to ship material conversions ? ?

Report this post