The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:08 am 

Hi,

I am a long time ship collector whose collection focuses primarily on WWII warship models by Comet/Authenticast and Wiking. Recently found this site and have now become a member.

As of late I have become interested in several civilian ships unique to US inland waters. Does anyone know of 1/1200 or 1250 models of a great lakes ore boat, pushboat and barges as used on the Mississippi river, or the old whaleback freighter type used early in the 1900's on the great lakes? If you could provide me with the name of a manufacturer or model ship seller with these types I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Al

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:06 pm 

Hi, Allen
Hope you found some sources. In the 1250 world, there have been 10s of 1,000s of different models (one list has over 34,000), so many subjects have been covered (not to count scratch built modelers). Some that have models of Great Lake vessels include Argos, Lloyd, Carlo Marquard, Rhenania (& Jr.), Risowelska, Yorck and several others. Hugh O'Conner makes custom models of Great Lakers. Often it is just a search and find proposition.
Most Dealers and manufactures are in Europe, but some US dealers are 1250.com and Rio Grande Ship Models. A lot of small manufacturers have gone out of business, so the used market is best to locate them. (eBay search 1/1250)

Report this post