The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1:1250 Cases
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:18 pm 

Forgive me, but I'm not familiar with all of this and the words/descriptions I use may not be choice, but I'll do my best and hope at least what I'm saying makes sens :smallsmile:

I recently purchased a few metal mini waterline ships and their scale size is 1/1250.
It hasn't been a real easy search process for me on-line through Google. It might be because I'm not using the right verbiage? Nonetheless, I'm not able to locate anyone who sells these individual display cases for these little models. Can someone maybe help with some ideas as to where I can find them for sale?

I do have a preference, yet maybe I shouldn't be picky and just take what I can get? Glass or plexiglass makes no difference to me, yet I'd like the base to be somewhat of nice quality- maybe even wood? I like how some are displayed inside of the case on some kind of a small/short riser. I would really like it to have enough room on the outside/front of it, where I can put a small engraved plate with the ship's name & hull number.

If you can point me in the right direction of a few places, I'd be forever grateful! I prefer to find someone within the US, but do understand the UK, etc. may be my only option too.

Thank you so much in advance for your time & help.

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: 1:1250 Cases
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:50 pm 

I was told on another board to look for clear cases intended for 1/64th scale semi trucks and trailers

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:15 pm 
You can go to TAP plastics and have a case made.
The base can just be a nice piece of wood with a ledge for the plexiglass to sit.

Like one piece of wood with a slightly smaller piece of wood glued to the top leaving a ledge for the plexi to sit on.

The posts to hold up the model from the surface can be two brass bushings.
Go to a craft store and look at all of the do-dads they have.

Good luck. And post a photo for us when you finish.
Thanks.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:56 pm 

Ebay has what you might use at reasonable prices. Just search for clear plastic cases for cars or ships etc. My quick look found 4x2x1-1/2, 6x3x2 and multi step types.

Report this post