The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:33 pm 

Hello, this is part Two of my video on how to make Railings from scratch.

Today we spray. The railings are now made and we need to match them to the colour of the ship we are building, in this case the Russian Cruiser, Aurora.

I have been doing this since I was very young, you don't need a workshop, simply a small place to work and your tools, my first " workshop was my Mother Maria's kitchen table. Use whatever space you have available to you to follow your passion, increase your knowledge and sharpen your skills.

In order to spray the railings, I need them to be upright, not flat on a surface, as I need to spray both sides. To achieve this, I have welded legs onto the railings, these will also be used to secure them to the ship, and I have a sturdy wooden block, with tiny holes drilled the exact size of the rail structure.

Once we have slotted the wire structure into the block, prepare your paint, today I am using spray paint, the same grey as the hull of the ship. With even strokes or movements, spray your rail, then turn it around and spray the other side in the same fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXZ1VgplQXU&list=PL5g6B09m0wL3EOzxDgJNi9-IqQeWs-rMM&index=4&ab_channel=BrankoStipanovic