The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help re card kit JSC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:44 am 

Help!
I bought a JSC Mauritania 1:400 card kit recently hoping to complete it before my 13 year old grandson returns from a 4 week visit to stay with his other grandparents in Spain. He has collected most Cunard models except the Mauritania. The kit I bought on eBay was the only one I could find and was very impressed by the quality of the illustrated parts but not of course about the instructions of how to build the kit.

He returns in ten days after his stay has been cut short. Where I am up to with the kit. Hardly anywhere - the English translation doesn’t help neither does the fact the kit enables you to make the three versions of the vessel thereby complicating matters.

As I couldn’t get my head around the Polish/English instructions I decided to cut out all parts keeping them numbered and the sheets they were printed on. Not quite back engineering but am sure you know what I mean. I hoped to try and work out were parts fitted using photos of ship etc. But that is proving difficult. Has anyone in your group made this model? Or if anyone can offer suggestions please about my way forward, I’d be very grateful.

Thanks
(Derek Mellor
delvaux90@yahoo.co.uk)

P.S
In the past I have completed ship card kits supplied by David Hathaway with detailed instructions, and course in English, and I haven’t had any difficulties.

Post subject: Re: Help re card kit JSC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:13 pm 

Someone on German paper forum is building this model HERE. It might help.
If you visit JSC store, they have resin cowl vents for MAURETANIA. Can help accelerate construction.

Good luck with the project.