The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:12 pm 

Hi Everyone,
Here is my next video: How to make Miniature model deadeyes for your model ship, from scratch.

In this video, I show you, step-by-step, how to make deadeyes for your miniature model ship rigging, from scratch. it is a fiddly process, but so worth it.

I made myself a template board with all the relevant measurements and slots to make my job easier, simply drop in the small piece of round wood for the deadeyes and mark off, then cut and sand each piece...after drilling the central hole, that is! Feel free to copy my template!!

Tieing the string to your pieces, can be tricky, but soon your hands will learn the way to do it and you can just do it automatically.

Securing your strings, or rigging to the masts is another one that your hands and fingers need to learn, if you need to see how I do it, I suggest playing that part of the video in half speed, and practice on string or line that is not for your final project.

As always, good luck with your projects, and ask any questions you may have, in the comments. If you want a pattern for the template, or for me to do a close-up of the stringing, let me know, I'll happily share these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxNlThSRFMM&list=PL5g6B09m0wL3EOzxDgJNi9-IqQeWs-rMM&index=8&ab_channel=BrankoStipanovic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:27 pm 

Actually, in this video I didn't see any dead-eyes :whistle:

Not sure what these round thingies are supposed to be that you tie to the yards. In any case dead-eyes are not tied to yards ...

Former chairman Arbeitskreis historischer Schiffbau e.V. (German Association for Shipbuilding History)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image Image Image Image