The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:52 am 

roym,

I will wait. I might spend my time instead fixing the problems in the Italeri Forrestal class carriers.

Bill

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:22 pm 

Soon I will be starting my 1/350 Nimitz. One question I have (more to come) is on the elevator doors. Under flight operations, would these be shut, other then to move planes to and from the hanger? Trying to plan out my model and how much detail I need to think about with my plans to display this at sea with jets landing and taking off.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:47 pm 

Tinner7 wrote:
Soon I will be starting my 1/350 Nimitz. One question I have (more to come) is on the elevator doors. Under flight operations, would these be shut, other then to move planes to and from the hanger? Trying to plan out my model and how much detail I need to think about with my plans to display this at sea with jets landing and taking off.

As I recall when I was on Nimitz, the weather more or less dictated whether the doors were open or not. Heavy seas would probably get the doors closed, nice calm seas they would be open. I did not do a North Pacific or a North Atlantic cruise so they may close them for bitter cold weather regardless of the seas. I do not believe that flight ops was a consideration. Keeping the hanger bay cooled down and ventilated was the most important thing I think.

Good luck,

Mark

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:34 pm 

Thanks Mark. Makes sense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23