The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:33 pm 

Dave- Rescaling the island to fit the old Revel kit should be easy enough to do. I'm trying to get my hands on that kit so I can do some of the other parts for it too. The link to my Shapeways shop is here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/baconfist

Mardis- Glad you're feeling better. Model building is good recovery therapy!

Craig- I sent you a PM about your Ranger pics. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:49 pm 

Thanks Greg. I thought that was your shop. Having been adding and deleting items from my cart from your shop for sometime! Looks like I will have a reason to put together a big order shortly!

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:42 am 

gjholmes77 wrote:
Dave- Rescaling the island to fit the old Revel kit should be easy enough to do. I'm trying to get my hands on that kit so I can do some of the other parts for it too. The link to my Shapeways shop is here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/baconfist

Hi Greg,

I am on the road this week but when I get back, I have a couple of the 1/540 Forrestal Kits. PM me your address and I will send one your way. I do not see me building any of them.

My contribution to the war effort! :thumbs_up_1:

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:01 am 

gjholmes77 wrote:

Hi Greg,

I was just looking at the 1/720 Nimitz hanger deck & walls etc on the Shapeways website. Is this something that can be used or adapted to the Ranger/Saratoga?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:39 am 

DavidP wrote:
port elevator opening on Nimitz is in different spot compared to Forrestal class.

Thanks David I am aware of that hence why I asked if the Nimitz kit could be adapted.

Regards

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:04 pm 

No need to adapt anything. I am coming out with a Ranger specific hangar deck and bulkhead set. It will be about 90% accurate for Independence. Forrestal and Saratoga had 3 hangar bays instead of 2 so it won't be as accurate for them but it should at least fit in the kit. It is being test printed right now. Here is a preview:

Attachments:
RangerHangarBay1.jpg
RangerHangarBay1.jpg [ 283.85 KiB | Viewed 1813 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:59 am 

gjholmes77 wrote:
No need to adapt anything. I am coming out with a Ranger specific hangar deck and bulkhead set. It will be about 90% accurate for Independence. Forrestal and Saratoga had 3 hangar bays instead of 2 so it won't be as accurate for them but it should at least fit in the kit. It is being test printed right now. Here is a preview:

Has anyone ever told you that you tha man? Well you are!

Loving your work and oo oo oo my Italeri 720 Ranger kit turned up yesterday, before my Sara kit didn't which I bought first. Happy days!

on another note I hope everyone has a fantastic new year and please stay safe.

Kind regards

Craig

Last edited by Craig Robbo Robinson on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:57 am 

Love to have that in 1350

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:56 am 

gjholmes77 wrote:

Am I right in thinking most of this stuff can also be used on the Indy? I know she has a different stern to Ranger but I'm also going to be building that so converting the Saratoga in to Indy while doing all the upgrades you're making to the Ranger.
Also are there any updates for the Italeri 1/720 Kitty Hawk? I had a look on your Shapewaays page but could only find Nimitz and America items.

Cheers

Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:05 pm 

Hi Craig,

I will be doing Independence specific parts for the elevators, exterior update, and island. The starboard elevators are the same but the port elevator is slightly different. The exterior set will be almost completely different. The island is mostly different. Once I get my Ranger parts perfected I will be doing the stuff for Independence. Unfortunately, my Ranger test parts from Shapeways seem to have gotten lost in the mail.

I don't have anything for the 1/720 Kitty Hawk. I do have the hangar bay in 1/350 but haven't downscaled it into 1/720 yet. I also have a 1980s era Constellation island that I've been working on for a long time that is about 75% complete that could be done in 1/720. Both of those projects are on the back-burner for the time being so it will be quite a while before they are available.

Thanks,

~Greg

Attachments:
cv64Progress.jpg
cv64Progress.jpg [ 256.64 KiB | Viewed 1643 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:32 pm 

gjholmes77 wrote:
Hi Craig,

I will be doing Independence specific parts for the elevators, exterior update, and island. The starboard elevators are the same but the port elevator is slightly different. The exterior set will be almost completely different. The island is mostly different. Once I get my Ranger parts perfected I will be doing the stuff for Independence. Unfortunately, my Ranger test parts from Shapeways seem to have gotten lost in the mail.

I don't have anything for the 1/720 Kitty Hawk. I do have the hangar bay in 1/350 but haven't downscaled it into 1/720 yet. I also have a 1980s era Constellation island that I've been working on for a long time that is about 75% complete that could be done in 1/720. Both of those projects are on the back-burner for the time being so it will be quite a while before they are available.

Thanks,

~Greg

Thanks greg. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:10 pm 

gjholmes77 wrote:
Hi Craig,

Thanks,

~Greg

Hi Greg,

What era do you intend to do Indy?

Thanks,

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:17 pm 

Hi Mark,

Initially the Independence parts will be as she was decommissioned. That's what I have the most reference material for. After that, I can work my way backwards in time.

Thanks,

~Greg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:41 pm 

At long last my Ranger parts arrived from Shapeways. Unfortunately they all need just a bit of tweaking to fit the kit perfectly. The details turned out pretty good. Here is what they look like:

Attachments:
File comment: Aft Port Sponson with Motor Whaleboat
IMG_2417_sm.jpg
IMG_2417_sm.jpg [ 206.23 KiB | Viewed 2663 times ]
File comment: Hangar Bulkheads
IMG_2412_sm.jpg
IMG_2412_sm.jpg [ 266.36 KiB | Viewed 2663 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:46 pm 

Continued:

Attachments:
File comment: Aircraft Elevators
IMG_2420_sm.jpg
IMG_2420_sm.jpg [ 397.4 KiB | Viewed 2663 times ]
File comment: Comparison with kit elevator
IMG_2416_sm.jpg
IMG_2416_sm.jpg [ 313.93 KiB | Viewed 2663 times ]
File comment: Replica commissioning plaque for the display base
IMG_2418_sm.jpg
IMG_2418_sm.jpg [ 351.04 KiB | Viewed 2663 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:04 pm 

That is kickass Greg!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:57 am 

Nice Job Greg!! :woo_hoo:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:44 pm 

Thank you, gentlemen. I've started a build thread in order to avoid clogging up this thread too much. viewtopic.php?f=59&t=315127

~Greg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:21 am 

Those all look fantastic Greg. I'd better get saving so I can buy them.

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:05 am 

Hi folks.

I hope everyone is well as can be. While waiting for Greg's very awesome pieces for the Ranger to come online does anyone know if there is the same available for the 1:720 Kitty hawk CV-63 for the period during 1980-1999? Also has anyone printed the Enterprises superstructure for the same period? I've seen there is a Revell kit available but it has the 1960's t6o 70's superstructure in place, which I don't want.
I've searched all over Shapeways but can't find anything for said boats. I've found the superstructure for USS America CV-66 but from what I can tell that is quite different to the Kitty Hawks island.
My plans are to do a harbour setting but with ships in it that I have either been on or seen in person. I've got the Carl Vinson coming so will be hitting up Greg's Shapeways parts for that over the coming months so at least I can start on that one.
Anyway thanks in advance and stay safe.

Craig

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next