The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:19 pm 
HI all and Happy New Year
Anyway although I`m still to start "herself", I`m still rooting about looking at various things that I will have to contend with over the next year( years?!). Three major issues have caught my eye.
First can anyone confirm where the two small derrick falls for the lifting tackles (hooks) are stowed ( tied to) when not in use ( ie not lifting a boat or anything else) . None of the pics I`ve seen seem to show this. They must be secured somewhere if the things are not to be swinging about all over the place!
Second does anyone know where the lifebuoys were stowed.Again no pics to draw on as far as I can see and they are not shown in AOTS, but they are mentioned in Bruce Taylors book as having been on board in May 1941.My Big Blue Boy PE set has a few included and it would be a shame not to use them eventually!!
Thirdly would the main guns have had covers over the ends at all times when at sea or just when rough ( but not shooting, obviously!) ?
Anyway look forward to anyone's wise advice on these three really crucial issues!

Cheers
Slowhand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:49 pm 

Slowhand - you talkin' about HMS Hood? You must have accidentally hit "new topic" instead of "post reply".

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery