The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:30 pm 

Atma wrote:
Caravellarella wrote:
Lucky you Atma, they won't send my ordered copy as they're out of stock again :(

Terry (Caravellarella)

Well it doesn't matter if it is out of stock, they will probably restock in a few days if you ordered. When I order it my self it was also out of stock.

Now on the way; what a rigmarole :Tirade: ......

Maybe it's Maybelline..............

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:31 pm 

Thats good news :heh:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:36 pm 

Stefano wrote:
Federico wrote:
There is a nice book from Kojinsha about all projected battleships and battlecruisers of the 8-8 fleet program, thus including Tosa/Amagi/Kii and No. 13 classes.
http://www.hlj.com/product/KJS81504
It's in japanese of course but it's stuffed with excellent CG renders of all ships and with different design variants (I was particularly impressed by early proposals for No.13 class with quadruple 406 mm turrets!). There are also many good drawings both of the ships and of some equipment like turrets, pagoda masts and rangefinders, mostly in 1/700. I would definitely recommend it to any Amagi/Tosa fan, especially if (like me :smallsmile: ) you're building your long awaited Amagi!

:wave_1:

Hi Federico, does it happen you have the ISBN for ti? Thanks!

Hi Stefano,

ISBN978-4-7698-1504-4

Enjoy!
:wave_1:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:09 am 

A Number 13 alternative Battleship/Battlecruiser based on Admiral's Hiraga plan based on Fujimi's IJN Amagi in 1/700:
Notice the extended hull:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:12 am 

Forgot to add the model is not mine, found that floating the internet :cool_1:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:10 am 

Atma wrote:
Forgot to add the model is not mine, found that floating the internet :cool_1:

Hah! I was about to pepper you with questions!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:38 am 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10177581
Battlecruiser IJN Akagi using the molds of IJN Amagi in 1/700. March release by Fujimi.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:13 am 
Check the funnel in the background on the box painting interesting onefunnel version maybe Atago/Takao later?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:25 am 

Or IJN Kii class ? Still the IJN Tosa is on the table for Fujimi. :big_grin:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:47 pm 

Glad to hear that the Tosa has not fallen off Fujimi's drawing board. Thanks Atma.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 pm 

Atma wrote:
Or IJN Kii class ? Still the IJN Tosa is on the table for Fujimi. :big_grin:

Yahoo!

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:38 am 
Kii works fine for me, but I have seen a lot of fine conversions in this thread. As I am also interested in miniature railways, Märklin etc I have wondered sometimes why not more conversion kits have been made from small manufacturers in the ship models industry. Lets say a conversion kit with one funnel, parts for the superstructure perhaps generic deck, ship sides parts to saw, and glue, some quadruple turrets, 18-inch twin turret, some AA-guns etc, I know that there are many conversion sets for railways so I am a little surprised that apart from detailing sets, pE usw, specific conversion sets seems very rare. Copyright can hardly be different than for railways?
Does anyone know? Or do I not know where to look, as I am from Sweden, there are not so many builders in IPMS who
builds IJN ships.
The Hachi-Hachi book gives several opportunities for conversions. As the superstructure/hull form seems the same, wider/longer of course sometimes this migth have a market. I have bought six Amagi kits just in case, but my skill level is very basic so for the moment I can only think of Amagi in different versions in time say 1925,1938 (8-5 AA) a few machineguns catapult ,1944 (12-16 -5AA, less 5,5 inch guns, radar, many machine guns. perhaps with one funnel and superstructure from a scrapped Nagato, but two funnels are more aestethic (artists freedom).

A conversion set would make life easier.

Does anyone know of a book with that level of plans of hypothecial US/British ships in the 20's, Yes I already got some materials from the Warship magazine and yearbook articles of Lexington and G3, but those colour plans in the Hachi-Hachi books are on a superb level, never seen anything like it. Sadly no one has yet produced a non-resin G3 and Lexington to match the Amagis. Have a few KoboHiryu kits, and the 16 kit but I do think I must upgrade my skill level first.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:52 pm 

Of course there is a lot of Garage companies out there (in Japan) that offer resin extra parts for conversion based on IJN Amagi. There is one that offer conversion parts to make a IJN Suzuya/IJN Kumano late and early war too. Based on the Tamiya's kit of IJN Mikuma and IJN Mogami(1942) in 1/350.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:09 pm 

Thanks Atma but are those garagekits reachable from Europe from a non-japanese speaker, Hlj does not have them as far as I can see and not FreetimeHobbies either I think.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:28 pm 

As far as I know, no. Sadly no online ventor has their product online for ordering.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 am 

IJN Akagi by Fujimi is out(In 1/700):
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10177581
Enjoy :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:44 am 

Is it any difference between the Amagi and Akagi kits apart from obvious things like boxart?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:04 am 

gnorfen wrote:
Is it any difference between the Amagi and Akagi kits apart from obvious things like boxart?

Besides the artwork, no same kit.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:32 pm 

Anyone considering the use of 1/350 Akagi CV hull and Nagato Fittings for a '30 Amagi? Had the hull significant alterations?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 pm 

Besides a clipper bow, no and a few meters extended.
But the problem is the secondaries. In IJN Amagi as an aircraft carrier had them further aft(almost near the stern) and only 6 single 20 cm ones, while the IJN Amagi as a battlecruisers had 16 single 14 cm ones a deck higher and almost in the middle of the ship . I don't think that will happen if IJN Amagi class(IJN Amagi, IJN Akagi, IJN Atago and IJN Takao) survived the Washington Treaty purge(The change of 14 cm and their position like in the carrier version).
About the extended bow, the same happen with the modernized battleships. Im guess a 30's IJN Amagi class unit will follow almost the same pattern as a IJN Nagato class, they shared the same hexapod bridge and only the aft bridge will be different(still a guess) from a IJN Nagato class battleship.
With the expectation of a stern catapult(Like IJN Ise and IJN Fuso class).

And by the way, the last two of the IJN Amagi class(IJN Atago and IJN Takao) had some significant changes in the main pagoda and aft tripod bridge, also they might have commissioned from the start with an angled funnel like the IJN Nagato in mid 20's/early 30's or at least with a large fumes deflector on number 1# funnel, again like the IJN Nagato class was in early 20's.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next