The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:58 am 

modelman66 wrote:
:wave_1: hello this is the last picture taken today of the bismarck after new batteries fitted .heavier now sits better in water

Very impressive in it's natural habitat!

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:59 pm 

i would think the propshafts are the same colour as the hull and the props would be natural colour bronze try the bismarck tirpitz website for more info [good luck]. pete

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:29 pm 

:wave_1: hello click on the image below to see model getting wet it was a very windy day when filming and i aint james cameron. but it gives you an idea how stable iImaget is after changing to heavy batteries.

Last edited by modelman66 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 pm 

:cool_1: a different view or two

Attachments:
battleship_by_modelman66.jpg
battleship_by_modelman66.jpg [ 49.6 KiB | Viewed 52592 times ]
Copy of new camera 015.jpg
Copy of new camera 015.jpg [ 337.46 KiB | Viewed 52683 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:56 am 

At some point in my research for my Bismarck build, I came across these photo's (it might have been here, I can't recall). I am wondering what the iron rods are that I have circled, and if they are an accurate addition to the model, as I have only seen them in this particular set of photo's. Any idea?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:04 pm 

crew enlisted and ready for action see photo p.s.very tiny people not easy to paint

Attachments:
Copy of all three 013.jpg
Copy of all three 013.jpg [ 166.48 KiB | Viewed 52572 times ]

Last edited by modelman66 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:47 am 

I thought I would share this with everyone. I emailed Blohm & Voss about two months ago looking for a rigging diagram for Bismarck.

Today, I open up my email, and to my surprise, they had sent me this:

Hope some of you find it useful for your Bismarck build, or just for it's historical significance.

I have the original full size PDF file if anyone would like it emailed to them.

MODERATOR NOTE: If you'd like a copy, please contact El Guapo in the following manner: PM is good, or email me and DMGNF2008@gmail.com

Last edited by El Guapo on Tue May 06, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: bismarck roaming pond
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:03 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itA3Vf5w_d8 cant figure out how to remove this post so ive pasted a different link to my model slide show showing my first build before its many modifications and the end result

Post subject: 1/200 bismarck
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:19 pm 

just check this out running well at last http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UNVajdzNlY i will apologise in advance if i got this wrong in some way so if it vanishes i will understand. :wave_1:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:12 am 

How much work would it be to convert Revell's Bismarck to Tirpitz?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:40 pm 

That depends on how accurate you want to get. Bismark and Tirpitz looks superficially similar. So you can get away with very little modification provided you don't show the model to someone who researches this sort of stuff. However in detail there are many differences. Some examples include Tirpitz's bow is actually longer and less curved than Bismark's. Tirpitz's level 1 superstructure is considerably different in detail. If you want to impress the aficionados, then you would have quite a lot of work to do.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:36 am 

OK tahnks, I guess the mod is out,
Just out of curiosity though, are the Tamiya's Bismarck and Tirpitz different in their bows as well?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:49 pm 
Model Monkey
Model Monkey

Roberto wrote:
OK tahnks, I guess the mod is out,
Just out of curiosity though, are the Tamiya's Bismarck and Tirpitz different in their bows as well?

The kits share the same hull. As old as they are, they can still be made into very beautiful models.

-Steve L.

Complete catalog: - https://www.model-monkey.com/
Follow Model Monkey® on Facebook: - https://www.facebook.com/modelmonkeybookandhobby

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:23 am 

Ciao all,

I am sure many modelers will be interested on this one about Bismarck :

http://www.kbismarck.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1659

Bye Antonio :thumbs_up_1:

Post subject: tirpitz help needed?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:04 am 

hello does anyone know the paint scheme for tirpitz when exercising with prinz eugen and bismarck in the baltic in april 1941 and whether fumo and aa directors fitted.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:29 pm 

Hi Modelman66 and all,

if you are referring to the joint training Tirpitz made with Bismarck we are talking April 7th, 1941.

Tirpitz was not fitted yet with the main tower top rangefinder, she did not have neither the forward nor the aft one too.
On the aft rangefinder position a 3.5 meter small one temporarly installed.

No radars anywere, no aft spherical A/A director fitted on the 2 positions just small temporarly rangefinders .

On the Starboard 4 and Port 4 positions of the 105 mm heavy anti-aircraft twin guns 2 model C31/33 old ones, while on the other 6 positions she already had the new ones model C33/37.

Colour scheme was very simple, just light grey RAL 7001 the upperworks and medium grey RAL 7000 the hull.

Ciao Antonio :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:29 pm 

thank you for your replies to my questions i am working on my scratchy tirpitz my skills are not so good but i will try to do a reasonable job.i have just made a short vid and will be posting on you tube shortly as (tirpitz model) It is a long way from finished but it will sail with my bismarck eventualy(on you tube)i will keep posting vids as my work continues.it just shows you dont have to be a brilliant model maker to have a go and have some fun yours continually modelman66. :woo_hoo: just posted vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5a4APKb9cI

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:23 pm 

next phase complete check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmBBe6d1wUc if this ship doesnt get sorted it will be in a video named operation Catechism involving a breeze block as a stand in tallboy,teething troubles getting a little tiresome now lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:09 am 

Ciao Modelman66 and all,

very nice work, congratulations ,..it si a pleasure to see a Tirpitz model sailing.... :woo_hoo:

But I have to correct your operation name selection :cool_2: .

The camouflage you are showing on your model is of Tirpitz from July 1943 till July 1944.

Operation Cathechism was made on November 12th, 1944 and it was the final bombing with Lancaster using Tallboys bombs that sunk her and Tirpitz was with her last camo on dark grey, see here in :

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

If you want to use an operation reference you should use the '' Operation Sizilien '' which was the bombing of Spitzbergen ( Svalbard ) islands radio installations on September 1943 ( Zitronella in German language zitron=lemon=sicily fruit so Operation Sizilien :smallsmile: ).

This fits perfectly with you model look,..and maybe one day you can add the Scharnhorst with last camo and 7 destroyers too,...... :smallsmile:

Nice work,.. Bye Antonio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:06 pm 

hi antonio the paint scheme i have used is loosely based on september 1943 operation sizilien,not operation knights move my mistake .in warship pictorial 26 page 44 is the photo i have used for my camoflage which i liked as black and white looks good in book. here is a better vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocROj8bRraU i would love to build scharnhorst maybe one day when i have plans i will.but seven destroyers would require a full shipyard,i cant afford the wages .I thought i did well making tirpitz and bismarck operational from scratch 4feet long but the others may be a bit far beyond my reach but an idea non the less. still havent figured out how to film both ships on my own? Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 61  Next