The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 160  Next
 Post subject: super yamato
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:14 pm 

what is the difference between this and the yamato from hasegawa (new tooling)?seems to me from the instructions that this is what hasegawa did almost 10 years ago!!.By the way i just finished gluing the lower hull from the takara yamato to my hasegawa yamato and replace the deck with real wood.This is going to be my second yamato in 700th but this time full hull and full AA armament, plus is the new tooling so it will be more accurate.Ill post some pictures all together (yamato, arizona, iowa, baltimore) all half done or even less but all the decks are now real wood and have to start working on their superstructures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:35 pm 

The Super Yamato will have 6 dual 20" gun turrets, and new main AA housings.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:27 pm 

i c your point tim.Dont get it why they bother with something like that when there are so many other subjects that need to be covered in 700.I mean this thing never exist, so whats the point of replicating it?What a waste of effort and recourses, and u take that from a yamato fan.I would prefer a retooled shinano with lower hull or i could understand a new tooled yamato to rival hasegawa...but this, just gets me.U might as well built a spaceship and call it super bismark or whatever.Mercy please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:29 pm 

Well, they DID have a spaceship Yamato...but that was from a movie.

The Super Yamato was actually a design proposal for a followup on the Yamatos. So a what-if.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:52 pm 

by the way i bet there are what ifs for a follow up class for every single batleship design, some more interesting than others, and more feasible if u like but to choose the yamato from all these only one reason i can see--99 percent of the old kit plus new turrets and minor superstructure changes.Mind you this design was as much feasible to be constructed by japan at that time as the chance you have in the outer space to be hit by a double decker bus.completely fictional in other words.The nation almost went to bancraptcy tryin to built these 3 ships.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:11 pm 

Actually Timmy, if I remember correctly, the hull of the Montana came to be, but was scrapped early in production due to the end of the war..

However Super Yamato came to be much bigger, and it came to be the Shinano (darn you Japanese Naval Planners after Midway...! :mad_1: ). The 20.1" guns were tested in Japan, but I think they lost the only example to an earthquake..

So in final, Super Yamato actually did exsist, but was sunk by a US submarine on its way to be outfitted...

BTW, does anybody know anywhere else to get that 1/700th kit? I might just have to get it in a couple months.. Place Timmy gave had it out of stock...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:14 pm 

I'm sure they'll have a couple in a few months ;) And I have yet to see this in any of the Western sites.

Here's one from HLJ, but also backordered: http://www.hlj.com/product/fuj42142

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:19 pm 

Hmm, okay, I will wait..

In the meantime, any suggestions as to how to do this, because 1/600th Musashi burnt me out before I could finish it.. (Had to throw away the box with all the unused parts, one plane is missing, along with countless other things..still looks like it from a distance though..)

Questions I might ask now are...
1: How do I keep up with all the parts, and not lose them on the ground.. (Musashi once more...)
2: How will I see what I am doing on this... (I use normal vision, no glasses or anything..)
3: Any good photoetch for this project?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:22 pm 

Cut one part from the sprue at a a time, only when you need it. Follow the instructions and cut the part out only when you reach that step.

PE set...hmm...I guess a regualr Yamato/Musashi set should do it, since the kit seems to the same other than different main AA housings and turrets.

Post subject: YAMATO Movie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:38 am 

Search Amazon Japan: Otoko Tachi No Yamato is on sale here in Japan. My Dad and I watched it last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:37 pm 
Model Monkey
Model Monkey

Seeking some help in building Tamiya's 1/350 Musashi.

Does anyone have any comments on detailing and proper paint scheme appropriate to the kit's AA fit and time period?

-Steve L.

Complete catalog: - https://www.model-monkey.com/
Follow Model Monkey® on Facebook: - https://www.facebook.com/modelmonkeybookandhobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:56 am 
Thank you KYamato,
For all the info you posted and thanx to all you others out there. This Question was asked many months ago and since then both 1/700 Musashi and Yamato have been built and have been displayed sailing together in rough seas.
I do not go into pinpoint accurate detail when i build but i do my best and even though all of my builds have detailing faults that the more skilled amongst you would notice as long as they are pleasing to my eye thats all that matters i guess. Alan :cool_2: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Post subject: resin yamato 1/700
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:48 am 

http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~pitroad/new ... .html#w102
about middle of page you will see pit road rleasing a resin model of yamato at 1/700 plus light cruiser yahagi all full hull.However the price is rather steep almost 20.000 yen or around 80 GBP and that is not including the tax.One note' the painting seems to be based on the takara sectional kits (i cant tell about the rest of the kit).I assume it would be a lot easier and cheaper just to add a plastic lower hull to an existing yamato kit in 1/700 or sell it seperatelly as an option .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:20 pm 

Dont know if you guys have seen it, but at youtube if you query Yamato it has all the trailers from the movie and the final battle up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:22 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Thank you KYamato,
For all the info you posted and thanx to all you others out there. This Question was asked many months ago and since then both 1/700 Musashi and Yamato have been built and have been displayed sailing together in rough seas.
I do not go into pinpoint accurate detail when i build but i do my best and even though all of my builds have detailing faults that the more skilled amongst you would notice as long as they are pleasing to my eye thats all that matters i guess. Alan :cool_2: :big_grin: :big_grin:

No trouble, ti was easy...

And also, I'm not really an expert, so I cant judge others builds really.. All my builds have been OOB, and have usually ended up with something breaking off in the time after I place it somewhere..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:07 am 

I have both the Yamato and the Musashi 1/350 that i built at least 4 or more years ago. I want to add PE them. I want to try the lionroar set but i dont know if i could put it all on the ship with the model being aready built.The set is alot of money epecially if I can not use all of it. I am also looking at the GMM and WEM PE sets as well.
:help_1: any suggestions? :anyone:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:45 am 

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has already been mentioned here or not, but The History Channel will be televising a brand new programme (not "Sinking the Supership") about Yamato in December. It will be part of a new series called "Dogfights".

"Dogfights" features computer recreations of famous aerial and nautical battles...not simple wire frames with jerky movement, but very impressive models with much more realistic movement. In addition to excellent graphics, they have witnesses and experts help tell the story. The intent is to make it as accurate as possible within the budget, production time and air time limitations.

I was recently interviewed for an upcoming show about Bismarck & Hood (man, was I terrible in front of the camera...so much for my show business career...). Seriously though, while there, I got to see a sample of the Yamato animation...Sibuyan Sea bomb hit on her focsle. It was very impressive. If the shots of Yamato meeting her end are even half as good, it should be an excellent show.

So, be on the lookout for the show. You can see when it will air by visiting their website at http://www.history.com/minisite.do?cont ... i_id=51833

Frank
http://hmshood.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:59 am 

I would love to cobble up an A140 proto-Yamato in 1/700... the one with three main turrets all forward, a la Nelson. Are their any rare kits of this? Or, in a pinch, could I kitbash a reasonable facsimile using, say, the new Fujimi Super-Yamato 1/700 kit?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:46 pm 
This Model I spent nearly 1 year have only one special thing.
I didn't use "any" detail-up set and photo-etching set.
all additional detail is scratch built.
This ARII Kit is have some false detail but have wholely nice shape.
It have much better shpae than doyusha's 1/250.
I submitted many photos of it to Modelwarship gallery.
Maybe some later day it will be posted.
[img]http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_490625/200612/1166375876_A_P1020156.JPG[/img]
[img]http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_490625/200612/1166375876_A_P1020150.JPG[/img]
[img]http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_490625/200612/1166375876_A_P1020153.JPG[/img]
you can see more photo of this model at my blog.
http://blog.paran.com/m1a2tank/14721378

Post subject: Musashi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:58 pm 
Hafssol:

Congratulations on what seems to be a great looking model. :thumbs_up_1:

Very impressive work. I can see why it would take a year to build.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 160  Next