The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Include three, twin 15-inch turrets as an option?
Yes 71%  71%  [ 122 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 51 ]
Total votes : 173
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:49 pm 

open it up in google and hit translate in the upper right corner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:31 am 

Hello,
Let me be more specific with my request in the hopes I can find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for early, as commissioned, drawings and photos of Gneisenau. I'm starting at the bow to determine the shape and function of the top of the bow where cables and ropes were fed through, tying off the ship from the bow. Any photos, especially close ups of the bow area, would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 am 

bailey wrote:
Hello,
Let me be more specific with my request in the hopes I can find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for early, as commissioned, drawings and photos of Gneisenau. I'm starting at the bow to determine the shape and function of the top of the bow where cables and ropes were fed through, tying off the ship from the bow. Any photos, especially close ups of the bow area, would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike

I suggest you take a close look at this article from Stein Gildberg, I believe he paved the way a good deal for you. http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/bb/dkm/Gneisenau-350-sg/index.htm

And for your need of drawings: https://www.das-geschichtsbuch.de/product_info.php?info=p4280_Koop---Schmolke--Planmappe--Schlachtschiff-Scharnhorst.html&XTCsid=wksjoshvfflbbjxm
There is this drawing set, published alongside a book 'Vom Original zum Modell - Die Schlachtschiffe der Scharnhorst-Klasse'. This title has been translated in English too as 'Battleship Scharnhorst'.

The series is roughly comparable to the Anatomy of the Ships series, but not equally elaborate though. I don't know whether all the captions in the drawings have been translated to English though. After all these were German ships.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20