The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 pm 
Hey everyone,
Working on a model of the uss wisconsin bb 9. Will be interested to here from anyone with info.
Looking for information on the bronze badger and anything else i should know besides the normal stuff.

Jim

Last edited by ModelMonkey on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Edited title

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:58 pm 

If you have not already done so, check out her Navsource page:
http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/09a.htm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:06 pm 

Maryland Silver sells a copy of plans for the Illinois. Came in handy when I did my BB-7 a few years back. Not sure what difference there were between Illinois & WIsconsin...

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 am 
hey everyone

Have already gone through navsource still looking for information on the bronze badger.
Also does anyone know a source for a federal shield in 350 scale decal?

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 am 

Jim,

The State Historical Society of Wisconsin (now known as the Wisconsin State Historical Society-go figure) had a small exhibit some years ago (circa 1989 or thereabouts) on the battleships Wisconsin. Naturally, most of it concerned BB-64 but there was also info and images from BB-9. I believe they pulled the badger in for the exhibit. The badger is now at the State Capital.

Incidentally, they produced a companion booklet for the exhibit and a dvd that still may be available. I remember the exhibit as I was working at the Milwaukee County Historical Society archives at the time and we had a great photo of BB-9 in dry dock which we lent to the State for the exhibit. I made a couple of photo copies of the image and may still have them in my files.

I am not sure how to post an image here-email me ( fuhrman@bvhcenter.org ) and I can send you a picture of the badger-here is the caption that accompanies the image: "USS Wisconsin Badger in front of the Governor's Conference Room at the Wisconsin State Capitol. This figure, with the state motto "Forward," was sculpted in 1900 and served through World War I and World War II on the Battleship Wisconsin. It is on permanent loan from the Navy and the State of Wisconsin."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:00 am 

Hello everybody :smallsmile:

I have bought the plans BB7 Illinois at Maryland Silver Company. These plans are very beautiful but there are not plan with the cage mast.
Somebody can tell me where i can find plans or drawing of these class battleships with cage mast?.

Thanks in advance

Alain

And it's my first message for this year, so Happy New Year for Everybody !! :wave_1: :wave_1: :wave_1:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:16 pm 
Alain: I have the opposite problem that you have. I ordered Illinois plans from windjammer-arts.com several years ago. I got the Ed Wiswesser drawings of the cage masted ship. However, I was looking for as-built drawings. If you are looking for relatively simple drawings, I suggest that you order the plans from windjammer-arts. If you like, I could trade my plans for yours.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:09 am 

Hello Gregory, :wave_1:

Thanks a lot for your answer, it's a website that i didn't know! I will look her catalog.

Well, if you want, you can sent me a pm about your plan.

Cordially

Alain