The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:16 am 

yes,thanks,Mike, I already know of them. I think these videos are in VHS resolution. DVD version can be way better and clearer,has more colors and lines than VHS version. I used to have both,but it went to Hans L.for one of his books,"Japanese Hybrid Warships". In retrospect that´s the only thing i could help him out,but,not other materials.
I dont know why japanese version like on Youtube is lacking 6 minutes.

No worry.
I should think all necessary and ample pre-research jobs and corrections have already been done,that´s why it took 10-12 years to research into it and to find more materials;
The Hyuga job is successfully over, and i´m after one of Aoba class cruisers in hot persuit of better, more faithful reconstruction not found on conventional studies or in town models.

Only things which are missing on the model are 12-13 Suisei after September 25,1944 until the Taiwan air battle (Oct 13-15th)where all the planes were snatched away by the dull,half-hearted RK Adm.Toyoda Soemu,over which decision vice admiral Ozawa got furious.I can imagine #4FS Chokan rear adm.Matsui Chiaki,shook his head,too. And some smaller partst(Hyuga) are yet to be made,too.

Mutsuo,[/quote]

Last edited by Mutsuo Sasaki on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:29 am 

What scale are you using for your Aoba model, 1/200? I scanned your Aoba thread, but didn't see it mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:58 pm 

What scale are you using for your Aoba model, 1/200? I scanned your Aoba thread, but didn't see it mentioned.

Maybe you can figure it out from a model of Aoba in a slow progress,which is taking me 25 years til now lol

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=154805&p=612643#p612643

/Mutsuo S.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:54 pm 

Mutsuo Sasaki wrote:
Maybe you can figure it out from a model of Aoba in a slow progress,which is taking me 25 years til now lol

25 years??? - 1 to 1 ???? - (lol)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:51 pm 

GMG4RWF wrote:
Mutsuo Sasaki wrote:

25 years??? - 1 to 1 ???? - (lol)

that´s right. 3x lol I started on drawing and rearrch into Aoba in 1989-. together with Furuatka.
A long break due to lack of necessary materials/info ,and, thousands days-nights stand in building other major warships,both large and small.
: I seem to have gotten crushing breakthroughs finally in 2014. smallsmile: :cool_1:
One could say 25 years´patience and impatience,both . :heh:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:58 pm 

Mutsuo Sasaki wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=154805&p=612643#p612643

/Mutsuo S.

If I had to guess, I'd say the scale is 1/200, because most of the display models I've seen in Gakken books and pictures of the displays at the Kure Museum are in that scale and it is my understanding that you are associated with the modelers who have built most of them. There is also the possibility that you are working in 1/100 scale that some modelers have chosen for very special projects. Since you've been working on it for 25 years, that may qualify as one of those. I doubt that you are working in 1/50 scale because you haven't mentioned any provisions for getting inside and sailing it. :big_grin:

On the other hand, I've seen pictures of 1/700 and even 1/1200 (the Skulski Takao) that look like they could have been 1/350 or even 1/200 because of their level of detail. Just as you have demonstrated with your research, I didn't think a guess was adequate, so that's why I asked.

Have you posted any other images of your progress on your model so far? If not, would you consider posting photos, even if you don't think it is perfect yet? I would consider them as inspiration for upgrading and making more accurate the YMW 1/350 Furutaka kit, as well as the feasibility of converting that kit to a Kako or Kinugasa. I'll post any additional questions on your Kako thread to avoid hijacking this one any further.

Thank you again for sharing,
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:02 am 

If I had to guess, I'd say the scale is 1/200, because most of the display models I've seen in Gakken books and pictures of the displays at the Kure Museum are in that scale and it is my understanding that you are associated with the modelers who have built most of them. There is also the possibility that you are working in 1/100 scale that some modelers have chosen for very special projects. Since you've been working on it for 25 years, that may qualify as one of those.

Back in eary 70´íes a pioneer modeller &researcher/maker of model parts proposed all IJN ships models be built in 1/200. and that they should go to a museum.
He had lots of club members/modellers in his assosiation;they danced with him, but only in the beginning. :-(
(many modellers are too indivisual, egos only, thinking only of favorite ships they want to build, :heh: they aren´t good as collective modellers for the purpose of a joint-project) :cry:

As I recollected,his dreams got larger,began building in 1/100, grew into 1/50,then he settled down on 1/10.
After the death his dream was materialized,now his works at Kure Yamato Museum. Was a father-like existence for me.

I doubt that you are working in 1/50 scale because you haven't mentioned any provisions for getting inside and sailing it. :big_grin:

1/50 is absolutely not a cup of my tea,I know some gets a kick out of such an indulgence as you wrote;
mine is strictly on still models, nothing but still models. : :cool_1:
Deviations and diversions unthinkable for me.
But I can be one of them who believe models ought to be in 1/100 at least,without use of plastics,regin material
and the like as prerequisites for museum pieces,, :)

I've seen pictures of 1/700 and even 1/1200 (the Skulski Takao) that look like they could have been 1/350 or even 1/200 because of their level of detail. Just as you have demonstrated with your research, I didn't think a guess was adequate, so that's why I asked. Thank you again for sharing,Mike

Regarding this I´ll be posting my comment later, when i have time.
thank you.

Mutsuo S.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:34 am 

Your are a amazing thanks for all the valuable info Mr Mutsuo Sasaki :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:58 am 

Your are a amazing thanks for all the valuable info Mr Mutsuo Sasaki

you´re welcome.

Mutsuo S.

Attachments:
ASIDSC_0031 1200 30.jpg
ASIDSC_0031 1200 30.jpg [ 75.88 KiB | Viewed 3558 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:25 am 

Thats a hell of supports... I imagine will be a jungle in PE for a 1/700 scale project.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:33 pm 

Atma wrote:
I have done great research on IJN Nagato, IJN Myoko and IJN Ise class warships cause the are my favourite IJN vessels.

Mr. Atma,

With your above quote in mind, what then are the minor differences between Ise and Hyuga in their 1944-45 configuration? Or are they truly identical?

Just wondering because I've built a 1/700 Ise before from this little known Japanese brand (Nichimo?) when I was younger, but am interested in possibly getting her sister ship.

However, at my local model store- aside from MANY copies of Hasegawa Ise and Hyuga- only has one copy of the Fujimi Ise. Therefore could one use the Fujimi Ise to depict her sister ship Hyuga?

Here's a picture from the local hobby shop here in Richmond, BC, Canada. They're restocked because of the huge 3-day sale tomorrow.

So many copies of the Ise class in Hasegawa. All those Hasegawa/Aoshima kits are sooo tempting... must resist the dark side... :big_grin:

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:01 am 

CCGSailor wrote:

However, at my local model store- aside from MANY copies of Hasegawa Ise and Hyuga- only has one copy of the Fujimi Ise. Therefore could one use the Fujimi Ise to depict her sister ship Hyuga?

Hasegawa's IJN Ise and IJN Hyuga 1944 dosent depict the difference between the two ships. Hasegawa kit actually is not correct for a 1944 version for both ships it has a lot of inaccuracies, the Fujimi is 3 levels above the Hasegawa offerings.

Last edited by Atma on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:05 am 

So about the difference, go to page "9" and "10" there I have posted all the difference that I know so far for the IJN Ise and IJN Huyga.
The Fujimi kit is your best starting point for a 1944 IJN Hyuga. Converting a 1944 IJN Ise to a IJN Hyuga is easy and can be done.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:27 pm 

Is anyone aware of the difference(s) between the Hasegawa 1941 BB version Hyuga, 2002 release (117 & 118) and the newer 2008 (CH112) release. Do they share the same deck and pagoda layouts ?

I am wavering on the new Rainbow 7060 superset for the 2002 kits, however the RB representative was unsure of it's compatibility with the later release 2008 kit... which I already have stashed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:31 am 

Hi, I just wanted to ask if we could take more pictures of this model at Ise water here gave Mutsuo Sasaki.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:05 am 

" On the other hand, I've seen pictures of 1/700 and even 1/1200 (the Skulski Takao) that look like they could have been 1/350 or even 1/200 because of their level of detail. Just as you have demonstrated with your research, I didn't think a guess was adequate, so that's why I asked.

Have you posted any other images of your progress on your model so far? If not, would you consider posting photos, even if you don't think it is perfect yet? I would consider them as inspiration for upgrading and making more accurate the YMW 1/350 Furutaka kit, as well as the feasibility of converting that kit to a Kako or Kinugasa. I'll post any additional questions on your Kako thread to avoid hijacking this one any further.
Thank you again for sharing, Mike
"

hello all,
Truly, 1/700-1/350 scale models can get closer to 1/350 or 1/200 scale models in both density and detail these days,and larger scales of fx. 1/200 -1/100 or bigger have potentials to look like much larger than in original scales.
---------------
Some even try to create atmosphere of ,or feeling of actual ships in their models.
Some large scale modelers aim to `orchestrate a sense of reality´ on his or their models. I know even a 1/200 scale modeler can challenge this. When a 1/700 kit model gets closer to a 1/200 model, it will be a success in itself, but they can´t do any more as they are unable to express minute detalis which naked human eyes can perceive on existing visual materials.
---------------
I think such details on fx 1/700 or 1/350 can not be quite informative as source of info,are often void of shape-conformities,are full of overscaledness here and there,if they ever try to express them as such.

Use of PE parts will be out of the question for me,since I believe it is not within realm of modelship building craftmanship. It´s just my own opinion, and others would say otherwise, probably.
---------------
About choice of scales,I can not afford larger scales such as 1/50 or 1/32 except for a case of building a destroyer. I remember having seeing a model of BB Iowa, more than 10 meter in length,built by a US modeler. It appeared on a ship magazine many years ago(1970íes?, I supposed) and I was completely overwhelmed by the choice of his scale.
---------------
a pros pos i used to transport some of models by commercial airplane, overall length of models which i want to build is limited beforehand. uha.

BR
Mutsuo S.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:18 am 

Here is some example where 1/700 kitmodels can come nearer to 1/200 scale models. Take ijn cutter for instance. Some 2-3 decades ago the extent of expression on the cutters for 1/700 were unthinkable when PE parts were not quite under way.
For those who don´t feel content with the level of details around the cutter,they may be resorting to some larger scales,so they´ll try to create those cutters in a more realistic way, or not.

Mutsuo Sasaki,
For the sake of study purpose the images were borrowed from the websites described inside the posted pic.

Attachments:
ASIASIb0186099_12161523dpipnt.jpg
ASIASIb0186099_12161523dpipnt.jpg [ 81.37 KiB | Viewed 2881 times ]

Last edited by Mutsuo Sasaki on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:56 am 

I should have posted this on Aoba fan thread,
but this is just to illustrate that a 1/1 cutter is so unbeatable and so exact(naturally, yea)
A 1/100 scale cutter is still several light years behind. :frown_2:

Mutsuo Sasaki,

Attachments:
ASIHiryu Lifeboat Midway Jun 42 pnt.jpg
ASIHiryu Lifeboat Midway Jun 42 pnt.jpg [ 93.75 KiB | Viewed 2878 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:39 am 

mr.Yaza´s model of ijn 9 meter cutter was always a nice inspiration.
I´m afraid Aoba´s cutter I´ve been tackling with is still miles away from his work as a fine art and craftsmanship.

/Mutsuo S.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:38 am 

Model Art August edition of #53 issue has been released(=bookstore selling) from the MA company today,12th of August.
(placing of net order is availabel before this date,though) I ´m estimating this book will be a good incentive for modelers who wish to build this class BBCVs anew and afresh. Will be a must for those who intend to renovate the rocket launcher pad + it´s vicinity. 136 pages

Attachments:
ASIASIP8110963ma4pnt.jpg
ASIASIP8110963ma4pnt.jpg [ 98.33 KiB | Viewed 2535 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next