The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:06 am 

Thanks for the photos and the input Mr.Mutsuo Sasaki :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:25 am 

the catapult

Fujimi´s gave me a big jaw´s drop. :big_eyes: amen,

Attachments:
ASIbfh08x Fujimi kit paint.jpg
ASIbfh08x Fujimi kit paint.jpg [ 99.86 KiB | Viewed 2168 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:46 am 

Actually Fujimi provides the steel bottom for the Catapult. The model is using a PE from another manufactures so is not Fujimi's faults. Same with the top.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:50 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:20 am 

Atma wrote:
Actually Fujimi provides the steel bottom for the Catapult. The model is using a PE from another manufactures so is not Fujimi's faults. Same with the top.

I warned of the error on a navy yarde journal twice, the Fujimi tech advicer is also a member of this, and he definitely must have read & understood my serious warning. :heh:

The reality is, still some of shipmodellers using the Fujimi Ise 1/350 are found expressing in that wrong way.if i remember them so.

It will be nice to see some others have began putting it right on their Ise or even Hyuga models.
Any images of them in the net? There could be some new pr now,I hope.

And the Fujimi´s own interpretation of the type of catapult for ISE is------------- still Kure 2-2-5 type.

This goes totally against official dawings and actual photos of ise and hyuga
. :cool_1:
Maybe Fujimi didn´t have time and money to make a new mold for this correction? I dunno .

the image you ´ve just uploaded is too small that I was having a difficulty in seeing the type of the cat, though.
it´s Kure-2 (Kure-shiki) type, isn´t it?

Last edited by Mutsuo Sasaki on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:33 am 

Atma wrote:

Then i wonder why Fujimi´co. did use and mounted such erroneous part on their new product from other makers, and dared to put it on exhibition at the grand Makuhari model hobby Messe,even on the photos on thier official Fujimi website?????

I suspect they did find fault after having seen my article with the warning.
fyi other manufacturer(s) you mentioned are also members of the navy yard association, they ar there to collect latest info abt ships,They are Tamiya, Pitroad, Hasegawa. Fujimi has some spies actually. :cool_1: It´s an interesting world indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:46 am 

In all appearances this is KURE 2 type. This type was not used for 18-Kai Ise and Hyuga.

Attachments:
ASI1040yvs.jpg
ASI1040yvs.jpg [ 30.86 KiB | Viewed 2156 times ]

Last edited by Mutsuo Sasaki on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:02 am 

Mr. Sasaki,

Is the 1/350 ISE kit really that inaccurate? I have a set of plans from "Detailed Drawings of the Imperial Japanese Navy" and, from what I can tell, they pretty much agree with the kit. One exception is the lower, large boat on the starboard side near the funnel is a Daihatsu type and it faces forward. I'm particularly interested in what are the major problem with the three high angle AA guns or their tubs as well as the funnel platform supports.

Is this drawing more accurate? http://www.worldweapons.eu/1-Warships/J ... 4ra%29.jpg Or maybe it would be better to scrap the whole thing and build one of these: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... ise+hybrid

I'd also like to ask Dan K: Where did you find information on the aircraft elevator and could you send scans fi I don't have those particular references. How much of Gakken #26 concerns the hybrid versions and is it worth buying for that?

Thank you both for your assistance.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:35 am 

Mike C wrote:
Mr. Sasaki,

Is the 1/350 ISE kit really that inaccurate? I have a set of plans from "Detailed Drawings of the Imperial Japanese Navy" and, from what I can tell, they pretty much agree with the kit. One exception is the lower, large boat on the starboard side near the funnel is a Daihatsu type and it faces forward. I'm particularly interested in what are the major problem with the three high angle AA guns or their tubs as well as the funnel platform supports.

Is this drawing more accurate? http://www.worldweapons.eu/1-Warships/J ... 4ra%29.jpg Or maybe it would be better to scrap the whole thing and build one of these: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... ise+hybrid
Thank you both for your assistance.
Mike

hi, Mike,
As I might have posted earlier on this thread,I myself think it is perfectly alright as long as one builds and enjoys models on 1/700 scale or similar. However,there is alway another pescpective for those who aim to build on the basis of ijn ships´corretnesses and accuracies.

I´m going to take a look at the illust pr your introduction.
I think i will be able to tell something about it later.
I shall be posting concerning 2 of your questions by the use of image or photos,then I hope it will help clarify the questions yo have posed.
I have to admit probing into,searching of this class battleships , they call it as 18.Kai Senkan has taken enournous amount of time and sources/resources, and i may not be able to tell all in a single night or two.
They can be enormous, more or less, major or minor.
Having been working on this class for 11 years constantly with some rersults since.Some can be astounding,or totally new to eyes.

/Mutsuo S.

Last edited by Mutsuo Sasaki on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:40 am 

Pr atma´s ardent request i take the liberty of posting the 3rd image of Ise 18-kai ,1944 1/350 model.
My humble impression is the stern side view on this model looks as if it´s on 1 /700 scale., just my own impression.

/Mutsuo S.

Attachments:
ASI14aj0xf paint.jpg
ASI14aj0xf paint.jpg [ 50.09 KiB | Viewed 2150 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:07 am 

Thanks for your input Mr Mutsuo Sasaki, I can contact Fujimi and address the errors, cause a 1/700 all gun Hyuga(1941) is in progress at the moment from Fujimi.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 am 

I´m afraid, Mike, I had to stop en route, I have to admit there are plenty of errors seen from my own perspetive of expressing models in much larger scales.

However, if it´s on 1/700, this drawing will be satisfactory enough, i suppose.

Actually I don´t know on which accuracy level you are after.
On 1/350 or 1/200 or even larger than this, perhaps?

/Mutsuo Sasaki

Attachments:
ASIBB - Ise (1944ra)paint.jpg
ASIBB - Ise (1944ra)paint.jpg [ 48.82 KiB | Viewed 2150 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:33 am 

Thank you for your reply, Mutsuo. I have the 1/350 kit and I'd like it to be as accurate as possible and I am capable of making alterations. Do you consider the Miyukikai plans for ISE (1945) to be accurate?

Do you have any other information on the hew Gakken book? Do you know when it will be out, or if it has a number yet? Are you contributing to its content at all? I will try to not ask too many questions, but you are a welcomed addition to this forum. It is always good to have people close to the source.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:11 pm 

Mike C wrote:
Thank you for your reply, Mutsuo. I have the 1/350 kit and I'd like it to be as accurate as possible and I am capable of making alterations. Do you consider the Miyukikai plans for ISE (1945) to be accurate?

Do you have any other information on the hew Gakken book? Do you know when it will be out, or if it has a number yet? Are you contributing to its content at all? I will try to not ask too many questions, but you are a welcomed addition to this forum. It is always good to have people close to the source.

----------------------
Mike and all,
Quite briefly,the #1 ,2 and #7,8 HA guns have a different shape of spotting room,plus they have breech top cover.
The conventional HA guns on Is/Hyuga ;no top cover, face of this spotting room is flat.

Roughly checking, height of the hull of the 15 meter motor boat is too low;in my apprx.estimation the Fujimi´s models have 1,3 -1,4 meter only. Real height ought to be ca. 2,10 meter or something. I think this difference may affect the atmosphere around this boat deck area. In addition the 17 meter motor boat should have a more curve line,the kit is erroneous, i have to say.

----------------
Gakken Tsutaya co. was closed. No more new issue to come, a sad new I heared last March.
A young gakken modeller was about to negotiate with a new publisher with a view to publizing a new book of Kouku Sentan Hyuga, or Hyuga/Ise in the name of Gakken. Nothing concrete is decided yet. Just at crossing fingers-stage now.

Mutuso Sasaki

Attachments:
ASIISE check points 3paint.jpg
ASIISE check points 3paint.jpg [ 93.43 KiB | Viewed 2106 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:42 pm 

Well now I see what you mean with the crew standby room. Well the problem is not from Fujimi. Fujimi in its 1/350 got this "closed" after market set from various manufactures that make PE set from like Lionroar set in 1/350 make the mistake and offer it in open mode. The gun tub of course is a Fujimi error.
Anyway thanks for the input :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:46 pm 

Mutsuo Sasaki wrote:

fyi other manufacturer(s) you mentioned are also members of the navy yard association, they ar there to collect latest info abt ships,They are Tamiya, Pitroad, Hasegawa. Fujimi has some spies actually. :cool_1: It´s an interesting world indeed.

I dont mean Tamiya, Pitroad, Hasegawa or Aoshima. I mean PE manufactures like LionRoar, Flyhawk or White Ensign that make PE aftermaket sets, like this one:
The offer the crew standby room as open which is wrong, not Fujimi, Fujimi offer it closed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:48 pm 

The model I posted used a Flyhawk PE set specially for IJN Ise. apparently Flyhawk set has major flaws in the funnel era.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:52 pm 

What about Fujimi's official PE set, Atma?
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10080186

Edit: based on the below photo, I guess you can excuse the PE sets for providing an option to portray the spaces as open depending on which ship you are building.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:48 pm 

the last pic before hitting the sack

Mutsuo S.

Attachments:
portside  Ise & Hyuga.jpg
portside Ise & Hyuga.jpg [ 88.83 KiB | Viewed 2100 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:08 am 

Thanks Mr. Mutsuo Sasaki again for the input.

Timmy, Fujimi PE set is very basic and don't offer details about the funnel supports. So is closed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next