The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:49 am 

Hi all,
After finishing IJN Kagero, I will now tackle another IJN beauty: heavy cruiser "Tone". I have a Tamiya 1/350th kit (78024) with PE sets from Eduard. Would have loved to do it with Very Fire excellent PE set VF350007, but the prices here in Europe are astronomical (=200 euros plus!). Will probably add some 3rd party brass ware for armament etc.
I already have Goralski's book for Chikuma (older Tone version, even second hand, hugely expensive) with nice 3D pictures and 1/350th drawings. However, would be nice to have some additional literature (eg. mentioned here), but very difficult to find. So if any of you would like to sell some old books/drawings, I am interested. I am not aiming for a "perfectly" accurate model, but it would be nice to build something that is not completely out of books.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:40 pm 

karih wrote:
Hi all,
After finishing IJN Kagero, I will now tackle another IJN beauty: heavy cruiser "Tone". I have a Tamiya 1/350th kit (78024) with PE sets from Eduard. Would have loved to do it with Very Fire excellent PE set VF350007, but the prices here in Europe are astronomical (=200 euros plus!). Will probably add some 3rd party brass ware for armament etc.
I already have Goralski's book for Chikuma (older Tone version, even second hand, hugely expensive) with nice 3D pictures and 1/350th drawings. However, would be nice to have some additional literature (eg. mentioned here), but very difficult to find. So if any of you would like to sell some old books/drawings, I am interested. I am not aiming for a "perfectly" accurate model, but it would be nice to build something that is not completely out of books.

Thanks in advance.

Well you can try her original as laid down configuration (as ordered is almost the same as Mogami finished)
https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/To ... -920031334

Here is as ordered form:
https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/To ... -919918814

Or if you are really something into different, the Tone-Kai or Improved Tone Design would be nice as well:
https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/De ... -920322627

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:25 am 

TZoli wrote:
karih wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Well you can try her original as laid down configuration (as ordered is almost the same as Mogami finished)
https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/To ... -920031334

Here is as ordered form:
https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/To ... -919918814

Or if you are really something into different, the Tone-Kai or Improved Tone Design would be nice as well:
https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/De ... -920322627

Hi TZoli,
Thanks for the tip! I will definetily check this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:41 pm 

Email sent, Kari.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:29 am 

Hi all,
Can someone verify that the specific PE parts in Eduards set for Tone are part of the setup for the sun awning used in hot climate (rig up a large canvas to give some protection against sun)? Was this used regularly or what? Wondering if I should mount these or not?

Attachments:
IMGP2910.JPG
IMGP2910.JPG [ 871.28 KiB | Viewed 5467 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:21 pm 

It certainly seems like those are stanchions for the awnings. They would have only been erected at anchor.

Whether to include them or not depends on how you are planning to display her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:35 am 

Dan K wrote:
It certainly seems like those are stanchions for the awnings. They would have only been erected at anchor.

Whether to include them or not depends on how you are planning to display her.

Thanks again Dan!
I will have to make the decision whether to include them or not a little bit later on, after I see how the model turns out. Or maybe I will run out of gas with all those tiny PE parts :heh: !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16