The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:52 am 

I use two soldering stations. One for tinning the other for assembly.
The Hako 936 is a great all around soldering station with different tips available. Right down to a needle fine tip that I use for soldering nano LED's.

The American Beauty resistance soldering station is now a tool I must own. I borrowed it from a friend to use on this project. It would not be possible to build it with out it.
I had never used one before now and didn't think it was anything I needed because I had the Hako. Boy was I wrong. I now fully recommend it for anyone building photo-etched assemblies.
It makes things possible that that would have been difficult if not impossible before. The one in the picture has what the call the pliers end. The one I used has the probe end which are tiny and act like tweezers

Here is another item that is nearly done I used both irons for. This is the main mast of the OHP.

I knew that they had to be soldered just for strength as I have a hbit of breaking assemblies I glue together and as there were so many parts to these it was a must.

Thanks
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:44 am 

Hi,

What ships of the Oliver H. Perry class Frigate of the US Navy have the remotely operated 25mm Mk38 Mod2 Naval Gun Systems installed on platforms over the old MK 13 launcher magazine?

I believe all ships with the 25mm Mk38 Mod2 Gun are all long hull version, correct?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ayala Botto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:03 pm 

Hi all modelers,

After Photobucket asked me for a ransom for respecting my pictures, and after my denial, they have ruined my threads forever watermarking the pictures first and blurring them afterwards, and thus rendering all my pictorial work virtually useless.
I have seen that my work has been of some help for some other friend modelers in the past, which is the ultimate goal of this forum, so I have taken the time to convert my messages in this old thread to the standard right-click pictures provided by the forum. It is time consuming, but very easy, and this way the pictures will always be available. They can be open and downloaded without further problem now.

This is the new format of them all:
Attachment:
(441).jpg
(441).jpg [ 205 KiB | Viewed 3765 times ]

Never ever will I use Photobucket, Tinypics or whatever again. Bunch of pirates.

For all those interested, there is a more extensive picture file of this model at :

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... /index.htm

Best regards from the North Atlantic,

Willie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:51 pm 

Willie wrote:
Hi all modelers,

After Photobucket asked me for a ransom for respecting my pictures, and after my denial, they have ruined my threads forever watermarking the pictures first and blurring them afterwards, and thus rendering all my pictorial work virtually useless.
I have seen that my work has been of some help for some other friend modelers in the past, which is the ultimate goal of this forum, so I have taken the time to convert my messages in this old thread to the standard right-click pictures provided by the forum. It is time consuming, but very easy, and this way the pictures will always be available. They can be open and downloaded without further problem now.

This is the new format of them all:
Attachment:
(441).jpg

Never ever will I use Photobucket, Tinypics or whatever again. Bunch of pirates.

For all those interested, there is a more extensive picture file of this model at :

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... /index.htm

Best regards from the North Atlantic,

Willie.

Thank you for taking the time to do that. It is very helpful. I hope to get back to mine some day. And I hope photobucket goes out of business.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:22 am 

I have several hundred images of Aussie, and a few US FFGs on my Facebook page. All photos were taken by me ever since the RAN first got them. Search on Facebook for the Gatt 1/350. Model ships.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:30 pm 

Does anyone have a photo or photos of the Mark 24 TDT Mod 4 target destination transmitter on the Perry class ship. I appreciate any help. Thanks, Joe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:25 pm 

steel_tiger1 wrote:
I use two soldering stations. One for tinning the other for assembly.
The Hako 936 is a great all around soldering station with different tips available. Right down to a needle fine tip that I use for soldering nano LED's.

The American Beauty resistance soldering station is now a tool I must own. I borrowed it from a friend to use on this project. It would not be possible to build it with out it.
I had never used one before now and didn't think it was anything I needed because I had the Hako. Boy was I wrong. I now fully recommend it for anyone building photo-etched assemblies.
It makes things possible that that would have been difficult if not impossible before. The one in the picture has what the call the pliers end. The one I used has the probe end which are tiny and act like tweezers

Here is another item that is nearly done I used both irons for. This is the main mast of the OHP.

I knew that they had to be soldered just for strength as I have a hbit of breaking assemblies I glue together and as there were so many parts to these it was a must.

Thanks
Tom

Attachments:
File comment: Tom or anyone else, how did you get that second platform into the mast? I'm guessing following PONTO's picture instructions was a mistake as I'm unable to slip it in as suggested and possibly looking like it will have to be dismantled, slip the platform in and then somehow reassemble but the more I think about it this could turn into a nightmare.
Pontos OHP Mast.jpg
Pontos OHP Mast.jpg [ 115.93 KiB | Viewed 2363 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:21 am 

Gerry I don't remember exactly. But I am pretty sure I just followed the directions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27