The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:10 pm 
Quote:
Speaking of which, does anyone know if there are any significant changes in the hullform between Udaloy I and II?

There is some slight changes in the hull form between the two. In the Udaloy II (Admiral Chabanenko, the torpedo tubes are covered by a flap in the side of the hull, which means the hull break is further aft than in the standard Udaloy. And the more prominent bridge wings and blast deflectors for the Udaloy II are a bit further aft than the Udaloy I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:11 am 

Oh, Sean I have drawings/plans of both classes, some guys over here already received them, if you want them too, just let me know (PM or here).
Regards
Roel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:25 am 

Now that would be a challenge at 1:100 scale .
Dave Wooley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:22 pm 

Neptune wrote:
How many Soviet ships have you built up till now?

I forgot to answer your question. Here is what I have.
Aoshima Kiev is dismantled and cannibalized and Trumpeter Kiev was started some time ago (Putty, sanding, no paint yet) to replace it. All weapon are oversized in that kit so I have to replace them all. Trumpeter Kirov is just a painted hull. Trumpeter Kuznetsov is still in the box. Sovremenny 1:200 is suspended and will be that only "over 1:700" I'll build. Italleri Kuznetsov transferred to daughter and will join Kitty Hawk and remains of Aoshima Kiev.
Krivak-2 eventually will be upgraded with PE.

Soviet Ships are 40% of my "pocket fleet"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:05 pm 

hi 350z Nice work! . As a matter of interets how long have you been interested in Soviet/Russian warships. My own interest goes back to 1956 when the Sverdlov gun cruiser Ordzhonikidze brought Premier Krushchev to the UK on a state visit . The ship was shown on news reels and in the national papers. That's when I was hooked, and my wish at that time was to build such a ship. The one Soviet ship I really would like to build is a KRESTA 2 the profile of which has not been beaten and remains one of the best looking Soviet designs ever. My plea would be for good scale drawings any ideas ? I would like to build the Kresta 2 at 1:100 scale bags of room for detail. What's your next Russian project?
Dave Wooley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:57 am 

Now that's an impressive collection to say the least!!!! It rocks, wish it stood in my room.
I do think the Krivak, Grisha, Sovremenny and Udaloy are the most handsome, I think the deck colour you used on these is quite accurate. the others seem to be a bit too bright, although I know in the past they sometimes used such bright red colour.

What company is the Sovremenny from? Did Trumpeter release these in 1/700 or do they plan to do so? Or is it from Aoshima or Skywave? (both companies are not found in this country I'm affraid)

Regards
Roel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:04 pm 

Both deck colors are brown. Some people think that it is either orange or red. It is brown-red. As for most accurate I'll answer that it depends how much time ship spent under the sun :lol_1: Soviet Navy didn't pain deck often and as result decks on Northern fleet were darker then on ones from Black Sea. That's Soviet paint, guys! That's the answer why nobody sure what is the deck color of Soviet Navy. This information was provided by two of my university fellow classmates. One of them was on DDG Bezuprechny (Sovremenny class) on North and second one on Grisha on Black Sea.

My favorite ships are Kara and Slava. My favorite My interest to Soviet Navy goes back to 1980 when I saw Moskva in a Sevastopol harbor. Few years ago, in 2002, I decided to build model of Moskva in 1:600. :lol_spit_1: (You don't want to see her :lol_1: )

She was my first model ship.

After I finish Krestas and Kara I'll build Zhdanov (Sverdlov converted to command ship) and Kotlin (Bravy)

Post subject: re: Kresta 2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:27 pm 

Hi Dave,
nice to know that we have the same favorite soviet warship type. My fascination for the type came from readin the John Jordan book on the postwar Sopviet Navy. I know it's probably too small for you , but the Kombrig 1134A's are really nice kits.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:18 am 

I thought you guys wanted to take a look on this:

http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/attachment/Type_ ... -fleet.wmv

Mr. Bob ??? posted it on Steel Navy!!!
Awesome stuff. Turn on the sound!!! :thumbs_up_1:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:28 am 

Oh Felipe, so you are on Acig too?
:big_grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:00 pm 

Neptune wrote:
Oh Felipe, so you are on Acig too?
:big_grin:

Acig!?!?!?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:27 am 

Oh, not then. Air Combat Information Group. http://www.acig.org, the link in my signature here. I posted that link there a couple of days ago, but actually I had it for a couple of months on my computer by now.
All of a sudden everyone was linking to Kolyan, where the pictures of the Sovremenny in bad weather are seen, so I linked the video to these guys. And now it appears here...
And as you're not on Acig, it's time for you to come there! Although you don't have time with your Master's Essay right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:23 am 

Filipe Ramires wrote:
Turn on the sound!!! :thumbs_up_1:

Yeah, my wife thought I'm out of my mind :lol_1: when realized that I'm listening Soviet national anthem for 3.5 minutes!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:14 pm 

Neptune wrote:
Oh, not then. Air Combat Information Group. http://www.acig.org, the link in my signature here. I posted that link there a couple of days ago, but actually I had it for a couple of months on my computer by now.
All of a sudden everyone was linking to Kolyan, where the pictures of the Sovremenny in bad weather are seen, so I linked the video to these guys. And now it appears here...
And as you're not on Acig, it's time for you to come there! Although you don't have time with your Master's Essay right?

I will have a look on it. I am free from my Master essay already. The discussion was late October so I am more free to catch up with things here.
Cheers!! :thumbs_up_1:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:20 pm 

Neptune wrote:
Felipe how did the Master's Essay go? I have just started mine, although next year is the most important year in which I will finally have to write it. Now it's more a collection of information.

Regards
Roel

Well, it went well. My essay was about "Portuguese Timor during WWII" and it was approved with Good with Distinction. It could have been better I must say but I had a large "friendly" argument with one of the persons of the juri who didn't have the same opinion then me. Well, it's finished already...might start doctorship degree in the next 2 years...I hope!!! :big_grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:56 am 

Currently I am building Besstrashnyj using Dragon's old Sovremenny kit.

The latest versions of the Russian Sovremennys have a deckhouse between the bridge and the funnel, whereas the older have only platforms for ECM antenne ("B"). The kit contains only these:

Here the deckhouse with the platforms for the antenna ("B"), but also with additional platforms for antenna "A":

Besstrashnyj

Nastoitchivy

Nastoitchivy

Does somebody have drawings showing this deckhouse? And what is antenna "A"?

The Chinese Hangzhou and Fuzhou also have a deckhouse at this position, but without antenna "A". The new Taizhou don't have this deckhouse or platforms for "A" or "B".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:54 pm 

Good question, I hadn't actually noticed that platform :mad_1: I built Nastoychiviy and never noticed that??? ohoh...

The A thing I had noticed, but don't know what it is. I'll check around if anyone I know knows it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:20 am 

http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/russia/destroyer_index.htm
the pic of Marshal Shaposhnikov 543 passing the USS Nevada just seams like it would overwem any UK navy distroyers. As this was the case how on earth would the uk help stop a ussr break out past iceland? (if the air force could not help)

The rest are nice pics (Even the illfated Tsarevitch)

Post subject: even better
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:26 am 

http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/russia/destroyers/admiral_chabanenko_650_page_1.htm

loved chabanenko in the snow at osol- norway
gives a feel more for the winter. :big_grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:34 am 

Oh dear...with all those photos I will never finish sorting out my Russian Navy files in the computer!!! :big_grin:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next