The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:11 pm 

Hi,

Has anyone who has built the Hobby Boss 1/700 Wasp class LHD kits found an issue with the missing padeyes? Are them even on the kits?

The missing padeyes were supposedly the issue on Revell's 1/700 Wasp class kits, as mentioned in reviews like this one quoted below.

Quote:
Modern carrier decks are covered in ‘Padeyes’, circular sunken tie down points. Now these are quite a feature of any model carrier deck be them either moulded into the deck or as decal sheets. The Kearsarge deck has none of these and some would argue that they should be there. I am not sure how prominent these would be at 1:700 scale but I bet that the kit will come under criticism for leaving them off.

(...END EXCERPT)

Just wondering if Hobby Boss made improvements, though the padeyes are not even mentioned in reviews of their LHD kits I've found so far.

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Haijun watcher on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:43 pm 

David S's build of the Hobby Boss kit should answer that: http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... /index.htm

Also barely visible in the low-rez photo on HB's website: http://www.hobbyboss.com/Uploads/201506 ... d83004.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:07 am 

Some photos of USS Wasp (LHD-1) and USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) made in June in Norfolk:

http://www.modellmarine.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4926:landungstraeger-uss-wasp-und-uss-kearsarge-in-norfolk&catid=271:aktive-schiffe
(click "Link zur Bildergalerie" to see the photos)

Examples:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:53 pm 

looks like the ciws is angled to takeout that seagull above it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:27 am 

I was wondering if anyone can confirm the work on the height of the finished 1/350 LHD-1 (Gallery Models)? My math based on ratios off the kit's "plans" (painting guide) and the known length gets me to almost dead on 8" from the bottom of the hull to the top of the tallest radar mass. If anyone has a built kit or more accurate plans, could you confirm my work? I'm getting ready to order a display case for this and want to make sure I'm accurate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12