The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:21 pm 
Flagship Models
Flagship Models

Rusty White with Flagship Models here. For those of you who haven't heard, we are producing the world's first 1/192 scale model kit of the ULTIMATE IRONCLAD; THE USS Choctaw ironclad ram! This has been in the works for a while now and things are finally starting to come together. The design phase is at an end and we have sent the master pattern files to Shapeways for printing. This kit will be super detailed and the most accurate model kit of this most requested of American Civil War ships. The photos below are still lacking MANY details (masts, hogging posts, anchors, etc.) yet to be added. Once I get the parts, I can begin work on the instruction CD and the extensive photo etch details which will accompany the kit. This is going to be a beast of a model kit at 1/192 (1/16"= 1'-0") scale or 18" long! I hope to offer the kit in both full hull and waterline versions. Watch our web site (http://www.flagshipmodels.com) and Facebook pages for all the latest details.

ImageImage

Post subject: USS CHOCTAW KIT UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:18 pm 
Flagship Models
Flagship Models

The files have been sent to the vendors for printing. From inspection of the computer generated files returned, this looks like a real winner. Next come the assembly of the various parts to create the waterline-up pattern and the instruction CD which will be printable and the photo-etched details. Ha Ha! I get to build the first one for the box art!!! :heh: