The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:14 pm 
Hi All,

PACIFIC CROSSROADS MODELS from Russia is doing 2 versions of the SO-Type radar in resin for the Merit 1:48 early-Elco 80-foot PT. They were created from the actual blue-prints of the radar and mast supplied to them by Don Shannon (the PT Co-Ordinator at BATTLESHIP COVE) via me as well as photos sent to them by me. Boris needs commitments from at least 30 modelers to do them in resin. Contact him at pacificcrossroads666@list.ru.

From Boris ... "Now I have a question. You yourself will do this radar in plastic or resin ??? If you find at least 30 people who want to buy it. I can probably make it a certain amount of resin ...You can place these photos on any web sites to attract buyers :-)"

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
zpfile002.jpg

zpfile003.jpg

zpfile004.jpg
zpfile001.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:39 pm 
Here are the images............

http://timconnelly1a.imgur.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:10 pm 
Try this?

http://imgur.com/a/b1UHZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:31 am 

About a year ago, there was some discussion regarding PE sets for the Italeri PT-596. Did anyone buy one of the mentioned sets?

I've just acquired the boat kit, and debating whether to just do a OOB build, or go the PE route. I know the Eduard set is not all that extensive, the one from Royal Model is more so, and the one from Lion Roar the most.

I've found a listing of the LR contents, and the review on the Perth Military Modelling site, but other than a picture, no info regarding the RM set.

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:25 pm 
Hi Jim,

I've been trying to track you down, please email me at timconnellyellington@gmail.com - OK? Thank you ...

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:46 pm 
Jim,

Try PTConsultingNHR@aol.com ....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:40 pm 

Tim, sent you a email last night, let me know if you didn't get it.

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:25 pm 
Did not get it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:48 pm 

JimF wrote:
About a year ago, there was some discussion regarding PE sets for the Italeri PT-596. Did anyone buy one of the mentioned sets?

I've just acquired the boat kit, and debating whether to just do a OOB build, or go the PE route. I know the Eduard set is not all that extensive, the one from Royal Model is more so, and the one from Lion Roar the most.

I've found a listing of the LR contents, and the review on the Perth Military Modelling site, but other than a picture, no info regarding the RM set.

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim F

Jim, I bought the LionRoar set and it is very extensive. No resin or major turned brass goodies, but enough PE to keep you busy for a long time. I was quite pleased with it.

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:21 pm 

Hey, guys, check this out. Stumbled across it this morning on the P.T. Boat site Forum. This is the first I've heard of this but I'll definitely be order this book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESJWfbRD ... e=youtu.be

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:25 pm 
If you guys need a SO-type radar for your Merit 1:48 early Elco 80-footer, ... go here: only $16 ... https://www.shapeways.com/product/M7S7K ... d=57708392

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:10 pm 
Hi All,

I was just on Shapeways ordering something I need for Stan to do a project for me and I noticed that they have this

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LRBML ... rchResults

Seems that the old Revell PT-109/117 kits have one more thing to help them be great models. I guess you could use them on the Revell Vosper too.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:28 am 

A delayed reply, Bob, but thanks for the input regarding the LR set. I went ahead and bought it, then saw that Royal Models had a deal combo price for their 2 sets, the resin accessory set and the PE set, so bit the bullet and bought those, as well. Then, for real over kill, I bought the Italeri accessory and crew sets.

I'm slooowly working on it, but now have to find Thayer Blue and Deck Blue paint, as I am about at the start painting stage.

Regarding the 1/72 boats out there, I have heard that White Ensign Models will have the PT boat accessory sets available again in that scale, in approx. a month or so.

Jim Flynn

Post subject: Merit 1/48 PT Boats
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:36 am 

Has anyone besides Tracy White, Bob Ciconne done any thing with Merit's 80'Elcos? It seems everyone is burntout on the 1/35 ones. After over one year there isn't one item of aftermarket I could find. These kits seem so nice. Yet there's little to be found (by me) on the internet. The early 103 version is going to be my 2016 project. I for one REALLY hope they come out with a Higgins at some point.

Kurt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 am 

JimF wrote:
A delayed reply, Bob, but thanks for the input regarding the LR set. I went ahead and bought it, then saw that Royal Models had a deal combo price for their 2 sets, the resin accessory set and the PE set, so bit the bullet and bought those, as well. Then, for real over kill, I bought the Italeri accessory and crew sets.

I'm slooowly working on it, but now have to find Thayer Blue and Deck Blue paint, as I am about at the start painting stage.

Regarding the 1/72 boats out there, I have heard that White Ensign Models will have the PT boat accessory sets available again in that scale, in approx. a month or so.

Jim Flynn

Jim, did you ever find your Thayer Blue paint? If not, I have some. Sorry for the late reply but I've been off the board for a while due to health issues. If you are still in need PM me and we'll work something out.

Bob

Post subject: Re: Merit 1/48 PT Boats
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:59 am 

kurt wrote:
Has anyone besides Tracy White, Bob Ciconne done any thing with Merit's 80'Elcos? It seems everyone is burntout on the 1/35 ones. After over one year there isn't one item of aftermarket I could find. These kits seem so nice. Yet there's little to be found (by me) on the internet. The early 103 version is going to be my 2016 project. I for one REALLY hope they come out with a Higgins at some point.

Kurt

I agree with you on the Higgins but even more than that would LOVE to see a 77' Elco boat. My preference would be 1/35 scale.

What are you needing for your Merit boat?

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 am 

I'll be starting my Merit Elco shortly. Was waiting to see if there was any AM forthcoming, but looks like I'll be disappointed! Not that it really needs much AM, turned air-cooled .50 cal, and Oerlikon barrels are available, but nothing for the 37 mm, or the Bofors (if they're not needed for military models or aircraft, then nobody's going to make them). But I did find some excellent 1/48 crew figs: http://www.shapeways.com/product/CGA7E5 ... d=57170603 Not 100% representative of Pacific PT boat crews, as they are most often seen stripped down to shorts in the hot climate, but there's not much else (actually nothing!) available. :wave_1:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:51 am 

Hi David Waples; I notice you are also a member of the PT Boat Forum. I tried to register there (filled out the reg page - no typos) but never received a confirmation email and log-in. I tried reg again, but now I get a pop-up saying that address already exists, so now I can't register at all any more! And I can't find a Help or Contact address. Could you offer me any help in this? Or am I Personna non Grata there already? :big_grin: :wave_1:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:44 pm 

As far as the Merit boat goes the only thing I would like to see is a photo etch instrument panel. I still would like a Higgins or an earlier Elco. Something different. I do like the idea of 1/48 vs 1/35. I am still surprised that the 1/48 didn't get a greater reception.
Kurt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:46 am 

biggles2 wrote:
Hi David Waples; I notice you are also a member of the PT Boat Forum. I tried to register there (filled out the reg page - no typos) but never received a confirmation email and log-in. I tried reg again, but now I get a pop-up saying that address already exists, so now I can't register at all any more! And I can't find a Help or Contact address. Could you offer me any help in this? Or am I Personna non Grata there already? :big_grin: :wave_1:

Greetings,
I reached out to the administrator for you but haven't heard back myself. I'm guessing he's away at the moment? I'm not aware of you achieving a "special" status on that site. I try to avoid those conflicts as best I can. :-) If you don't hear back in the next week or so let me know and I'll try and help figure it out.
Dave

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next