The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:18 pm 

Having gotten used to the little grey painted Soviet AGI trailing Naval operations while I was at sea, I am keen to build a working model of one of these Cold War pests, in particular GIDROFON.

Can anyone help with plans or photographs of this class or particular ship? :wave_1:

Dave P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:34 am 

I have found some useful pictures of the OKEAN AGI at http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... -class.htm

It would be interesting to know if this class had sonar and torpedo tubes as shown in this AGI photographed at St. Petersburg:
Attachment:
Ship+Photo+OS+57++-+Peaceful+Russian+_Trawler_3.jpg
Ship+Photo+OS+57++-+Peaceful+Russian+_Trawler_3.jpg [ 50.57 KiB | Viewed 7527 times ]

:heh:

Could use help with detail esp. upper deck layout, intercept equipment, hull numbers etc.

Attachments:
okean_class_dnst8700287.jpg
okean_class_dnst8700287.jpg [ 38.26 KiB | Viewed 7527 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:07 am 

Have made some very useful progress on Google by using individual ship names rather than class amongst other things. Have found some very interesting accounts of TF77 in the Tonkin Gulf dealing with the AGIs. :woo_hoo:

Still need any info I can get of the ship in the 1967-70 time frame particularly. There must be some ex-Soviet sailors out there who can help with some shots of the upper deck. One question in particular is - did Soviet AGI's fly the Soviet Navy, USSR national or no flag???

I add a shot of GIDROFON as I remember her - any further contributions gratefully accepted. Apologies for not acknowledging the source site but can do so if required.

Hey guys - could use some comment - looks like I am talking to myself!!!! Would love to hear from someone - even if to ask questions which we need to find answers for - are there no ex-GIDROFON sailors or TF77 sailors reading this??

Cheers

Dave P :wave_1:
Formerly HMAS HOBART DDG39 - Ex-Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Attachments:
Soviet%20AGI%20small.jpg
Soviet%20AGI%20small.jpg [ 74.36 KiB | Viewed 7484 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:00 am 

I applaud your interest in this class and ships used for this purpose. I don't have anything to add to the thread as of yet, but do think these ships were lurking just out of the frame of our Cold War attention, and thus deserve some modeling focus.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:37 am 

Looks like it’s been 7 yrs since this topic has percolated to the surface therefore I’m guessing not much interest here. That’s unfortunately IMHO. The world of surveillance ships and platforms is pretty compelling. I'm slowly advancing towards more scratch built components in my models and always looking for something different. I try to stick with non-naval vessels. With that said I’m currently converting an old Revell Russian Spy Ship/North Seas Trawler into the 1960s era soviet Okean class AGI - Linza. A great project while practicing my social distancing skills.