The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:14 am 

Hello Alain,

your Diorama is impressive! I especially like the buisy look of all the different ships and crafts around the piers. Great work!

Just a short recommendation: The US Army had some british TID-tugs which operated around the mulberry piers.

http://www.medwaymaritimetrust.org.uk/tidtugs/pages/tidhist2.html

SSN Modellbau has an TID in their range which is available at freetime Hobbies or BMK: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 283&type=3

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:09 am 

Hello to you all.
Attached photos of the 2 LCI (L) almost finished. It lacks the air and various small details like the supporters back flags and finishing of the painting of two gateways on the LCI (L) 84. I tried to apply the tips of Mr. Dahlmann. But I am far from arriving to the perfection of his models.
I've therefore traded a scorched earth Siena-based filter. But I was wrong about the dilution, because the latter has completely denatured base paint. I therefore redid thin very dilute Base paint (LifeColor Navy Blue 5N).
Then I put juice in the hollow Earth scorched shadow and do a thinned the edges with white paint broken with grey of Davy.
For ropes, I used like on my previous models of the son of lead from 0.2 in diameter. Then I did a test with the electric wires of 0.1 mm in diameter. All painted with of the ochre of the Prince August Air range. In pre...

Le LCI (715). Pour les immatriculations, j’ai fait au mieux, car j’avais très peu de décals en blanc.

Le CLI (L) 84.

Right now I go back. I'll finish the LST.

Good close of day to you all.
Alain.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:36 am 

Beautiful. You have hit spot-on the balance between having something heavily weather-beaten and used, without over doing the effect. For the scale I don't think I've ever seen a better rendition of the effect.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:29 am 

Very good paintwork. If you can keep that level up, that will be one impressive diorama!
You will need a LOT of figures... :)

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:02 am 

Just came across this build for the first time. Really enjoying what I've seen. Thanks for sharing!
Dave

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:17 am 

Looking great so far!

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:38 pm 

Masterful! Love it.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:21 am 

Fantastic work and something original. Nice.

I thought initially I didnt like the rope. Found it a bit overpoweringly orange. However I recon that its a combination of the cameras high magnification, its color saturation and maybe my color blindness getting in the way.

Cant wait to see this build develop.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:41 pm 

Hi everyone ,

I continued painting site by tugs and LCM . The photos are taken with a strong macro. This enlarges the diameter of the rope on the LCM . But with the visually eye it does it very well .

Good day to all.

Friendly .
Alain .

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:15 pm 

Hi, Alain, I am not being picky, your efforts are incredible. It's just the numbering system on your LCMs, they show four numbers. They should be assigned to an Attack Transport, or Attack Cargo vessel, thus would show the ship hull number first, then the boat number IE. PA137-4 or AK201-3. I think I am correct, of course there would be odds and ends left behind on landing operations. But on D-Day I think they would have been brought over on ships. Your LST would probably have carried two.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:53 pm 

Yes those pics look better. Glad its the camera. Digitals are great but the colors can be off a bit sometimes. I remember seeing a guy here with a ship with linoleum decks . They looked blood red thanks to his camera.

Great work , Enjoying this build .Love your weathering :)

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:27 pm 

The finish on those tugs is amazing. They inspired me to pull my Alliance Model Works kit down off the shelf!

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:22 pm 

Beautiful ships at this scale. The weathering is superb. I like it

USS Nimitz 1/200
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=153310

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 am 

Hello to all.

Here I am back with the LST almost finished. I have yet to implement the AA armament and take certain points ( aging rails , and some dry brushing to right and left , and of course vehicles and figurines that will be on the bridge).

Armaments AA , I'll wait to have advanced vehicle to launch the site. He will be necessary for all vessels (27 single 20 mm gun, 40 mm 2 double , 4 single 40mm )

I still have many things to do and as I begin to be saturated to paint , I'll attack vehicles , armored vehicles, equipment and various figurines ( soldiers and sailors ) .

Okay now up pictures .

Eight LSTC will be arranged on the diorama.

By now , all these people in its box and waiting for the result .

Good day to you all.
Friendly .
Alain .

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm 

These are, without doubt, the BEST auxiliary vehicles I have ever seen modeled. Photographed correctly, you'd seriously have a hard time identifying if they were real or not.

1/700 Saratoga w/Pontos (Needs paint)
1/700 Potato w/Kurama (On hold)
1/700 Murdertorpedoboat Ooi

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:46 pm 

Location: About 50 miles away from the Gulf of Mexico ( traveling W is you do so :)
Unbelievable work!!... wow :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Jose :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 am 

Hello to you all.
I come back to you with the end fitting and painting of the autoelevateurs hulks.
For painting a beautiful outlet head. But okay, I think that it should be possible to do better, but the lack of mastery of the thing, do allow me to produce this. For the shades, I have not found the time in color photo. So, I went on an English grey.

For 4 columns of manoeuvre, the Museum of Arromanche represents them color identical to that of the pontoons. Unlike the majority of the pictures represent the columns of dark color. I found on a site a reproduction in color with Brown close color columns. So I applied a coat of paint with burnt umber oil. And I find that it does not hurt. Where I had the most problems is for the phase aging of the whole.

I did not trace of rust on the pontoons, because I have not found confirmation that the latter were steel. It was the same with the "Beetle" floats. On the other hand the columns were steel.

The pontoons used RCP's extension to the bootstrap pontoons were concrete, as can it still be seen on existing debris.

For floats, the photos of debris are unclear and for me doubt exists between concrete and steel.
If either of you for clarification on the subject, I'm interested.

In the following picture the PE of the railings and hoists on the portico were directed by Jean Mahieux (a very great artist in this matter. You can judge by yourself in the rest of the vehicle Assembly)

The Rhino-ended ferry barges. The decals for these ferries me have been offered by the site BACK-AFT MODELS (http://shop.back-aft.com/) thanks to him.

Here it is finished for today.
I wish you a good end of the day.
Circle of friends.
Alain.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:25 pm 

Man oh man this is gonna be good...

On the ways:
1/200 Trumpeter HMS Nelson
1/700 Tamiya USS Yorktown CV-5

In the stash:
1/35 Italiari PT-109
1/35 Tamiya "Pibber" Patrol Boat
1/350 Trumpeter USS Yorktown CV-10

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:43 am 

Hi all.

The latest advance of the Diorama is the dressing of the Liberty holds high.

When I had posted openings for the holds of the Trumpeter kit, (Jean Mahieux) had sent me an email posing me as a question than I had expected for dressing holds high. As I had nothing planned, he explained to me that the shims were closed by an Assembly of metal beams on which were placed the wood tiles. On the SS Jeremiah O'Brien turned into a Museum, wood tiles are covered with a blue tarpaulin held by strands.

I sent John the dimensions of the holds and on these bases, Jean has created a Board of PE for dressing different shims. I do not tell you the finesse of this PE. A real lace. Very great work. Personally I have never seen an as fine PE.

I was forced to reduce the diameter of the wire (less than 0.1 mm) that serves me to ask the Cyano Zap CA glue.

Here are photos of the habilleme...

When the holds were opened, the beams and tiles of wood was placed on the edge of the latter.

During the landing, there were bicycles. I therefore mounted a dozen bikes in 1/350 at the Arsenal. The establishment of the stool asked me quite a lot of problems.

Alain.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:02 am 

Alain,

Your work is simply AMAZING!! :big_eyes: Your craftsmanship and painting skills are outstanding. Great job! :thumbs_up_1: I can't wait to see this all put together in it's diorama setting.

Currently building:
Tamiya 1/350 CVN-65 USS Enterprise 2001
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=120496

http://modelshipgallery.com/gallery/use ... index.html

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next