The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:40 am 

Jeff,

Thanks for clarifying the degaussing cables for me! I have not started to install them yet, and now can be sure I'll have them right. Wonder if there's an easy way to represent the braces I can see on the cables... hahaha

And feel free to post as many pictures as you want on my thread, I have no problem sharing if it means I or somebody else can benefit from it. I understand your pain on the pictures, It took me about 3 days to get my thread repaired and I only have 6 pages and a fraction of the pictures yours does.

I've been trying to think of an easy way to get around the PB plague without paying them. My only thought is making the album on PB public so anybody with a link can see it, and it would be up to the individual to figure out where the pictures belong in the thread. Not exactly a solution, but an option haha.

Thanks again!

1:200 U.S.S. Arizona

Future Projects:
All of them!

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:04 am 

Hey Nelson,

How goes the build there? Your updates seem to have become as frequent as my own! :smallsmile: I’ve been working my AZ intermittently, mainly due work load, but hope to get a fresh update posted this weekend. She’s coming along slowly though.

Underway: Trumpeter 1/200 USS Arizona

On the planning board:
1) Trumpeter 1/200 HMS Hood
2) Trumpeter 1/350 USS Texas

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:28 pm 

Wedgie01 wrote:
Hey Nelson,

How goes the build there? Your updates seem to have become as frequent as my own! :smallsmile: I’ve been working my AZ intermittently, mainly due work load, but hope to get a fresh update posted this weekend. She’s coming along slowly though.

Hey Steve,

Yes, saying I've been without progress lately is a bit of an understatement hahaha. For me it's been a combination of vacations, nicer weather, cars, and work. I'm currently working on the full size truck program at work, and all I can say about it is that it consumes everybody that is a part of it. As a result I have not made any appreciable progress since my last update.

I've been wanting to get back on my Arizona, I really need to get it finished up so I can get the case built and protect it. I've got one more big vacation next week, then I should be relatively free to work on the Arizona again. I need to go visit another museum ship, that always seems to get me in the mood for models again.

Thanks for making sure I'm alive! lol

Future Projects:
All of them!

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm 

Hello everyone,

After yet another hiatus, I'm back to making progress on Arizona

Trying to get my bearings back on where I was when I last worked, I decided to bend up the boat cradles since the PE fret was sitting out on the bench. Here's a few pictures of them bent up. Ironically, the etching primer I use on the PE parts is a pretty good match for 5S... lol

ImageIMG_6625 by Nelson Wallace, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6621 by Nelson Wallace, on Flickr

Thanks to my PE folding tool they came together pretty easily and look great. I'll get them into paint soon and then put them aside until time to install them.

Other than that, I continued on the forward super structure, but failed to get any pictures. So far it is just fitting the various railings and little parts that go on each level. I'll get some pics soon once I have more to show.

Thanks for stopping by!

Future Projects:
All of them!

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:29 am 

That looks pretty sharp!

glad that the modelmaking Mojo returned

watching... :thumbs_up_1:

Jim Baumann
JBYS

IPMS UK SIG (special interest group) www.finewaterline.com

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:49 am 

Hey Nelson,

Great work mate. Looks fantastic.

I’ve had to take a hiatus myself, as I’m retiring from active service and in the process of moving house. Hopefully will be back up and running in a couple more weeks. Sad packing up the Arizona just as I was starting to make some real progress. :0

Look forward to seeing some more of your ship progress again.

Cheers,
Steve

Underway: Trumpeter 1/200 USS Arizona

On the planning board:
1) Trumpeter 1/200 HMS Hood
2) Trumpeter 1/350 USS Texas

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7