The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:01 am 

This was built from the Skywave 1/700 LST kit with generic railings added and made to depict the ship from the 1980s before she was intentionally run aground in 1999 to secure the Philippines' claim on part of the Spratley Islands. I'm still waiting on 1/700 L'Arsenal Hueys to add to the ship's deck before I can call this complete. I used generic decals from a USN set for the helipad as well as the ship's pennant number (LST-57 in Philippine service)

An older work-in-progress comparison shot with the Dodo models 1/700 Peacock class kit which I'm also building:

A comparison shot with my earlier 1/700 Chinese carrier Liaoning build from the Trumpeter kit.

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:32 am 

Cool! It's very rare to see Philippine Navy ships here in the forum, especially this humble vessel that's protecting the Philippines claim on the islands.

:thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:46 am 

nick wrote:
Cool! It's very rare to see Philippine Navy ships here in the forum, especially this humble vessel that's protecting the Philippines claim on the islands.

:thumbs_up_1:

Salamat Nick! Hello from a Fil-Canadian in Vancouver!

As you can see from the 3rd pic, I'm also working on a Peacock class kit to model one of the Emilio Jacinto class corvettes the Philippines also uses.

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:38 pm 

got lost and saw this- MS, LT57 has had a tripod mast since it was turned over to us- you can still try to correct the mast issue; also the bridge area and weather deck was enclosed and enlarged; again there is still some way you can improve the aforementioned area; the ships were not as heavily armed as the were before- usually a single 40mm fore and aft and a few 20mm is if ever; nevertheless great try on adding to the limited PN ship topics. and also i strongly recommend you invest in an air brush- even ships those small can have better paintjobs if they were a/b'ed...

HTH...

Report this post