The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:49 am 

Attachment:
LCI-651 02.jpg
LCI-651 02.jpg [ 171.33 KiB | Viewed 2081 times ]
Hi everyone,

I’m sure you’ve wished that some company would issue a 691-class LCI in 1/160th scale for a long time. OK, so maybe I’m overstating that. I started this project a couple years ago and recently, things have calmed down and I’ve been able to return to working on it along with other projects.

Why a 691-class LCI? There probably isn’t much chance that a company will issue a 1/160th scale LCI-691 ship anytime soon. However, as you know from my other posts, I thoroughly enjoy chopping up the old Lindberg LCI kit. As you might have seen in my threads on the LCI-30 and the waterlined LCI, there is no ignoring the incorrect bow contours on the Lindberg kit, so why not chop the whole thing off and make the model a 691 class ship?

The preceding LCI classes, the LCI(L)-1 and LCI(L)-351 classes, had side ramps. The 691 class had centerline bow doors and bow ramp instead. That makes this kit bash a bit more challenging.

In the coming posts, I’ll show you how I’ve turned the Lindberg kit into a 691-class LCI. Along the way, you’ll see that I’ve applied much of the same approach to the kit that I did previously with the LCI-30 and the waterlined LCI.

Thank you for checking in!

John :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:21 pm 

Hi everyone,

Today, I’ll show you how I began the conversion.

Attachment:
File comment: The new bow was built of .060 and .080 inch styrene with styrene rods for alignment. The alignment rods were redundant and not really necessary.
photo 01.jpg
photo 01.jpg [ 197.61 KiB | Viewed 2048 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Modification of the bow began with cutting off the sponsons.
photo 02.jpg
photo 02.jpg [ 190.97 KiB | Viewed 2048 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Next, I removed the bow, but left a portion of the upper hull that would attach to the new bow.
photo 03.jpg
photo 03.jpg [ 191.05 KiB | Viewed 2048 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Like my other LCI projects, I modified the hull so as to more closely capture the trapezoidal shape of the fantail.
photo 04.jpg
photo 04.jpg [ 184.64 KiB | Viewed 2048 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Here, the hull halves are joined together, using some of the removed hull scraps as reinforcement. I removed the forward deck as well.
photo 05.jpg
photo 05.jpg [ 163.87 KiB | Viewed 2048 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: The hull is just about ready to be mated to the new bow.
photo 06.jpg
photo 06.jpg [ 194.28 KiB | Viewed 2048 times ]

Report this post
 Post subject: New bow installed
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:46 pm 

Hi everyone,

Today, I’ll show you the installation of the new bow.
Attachment:
File comment: The bow framework is in place. The focsle deck is also .060 inch styrene.
photo 01.jpg
photo 01.jpg [ 171.65 KiB | Viewed 1997 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: The forward deck of .060 inch styrene is installed and trimmed.
photo 02.jpg
photo 02.jpg [ 192.91 KiB | Viewed 1997 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Starting to install sheet styrene on the bow. The little bit of a gap along the forward end of the port side deck is due to my excessive enthusiasm while cutting away the styrene on the forward hull. It's nothing a little styrene and green putty won't fix!
photo 03.jpg
photo 03.jpg [ 166.91 KiB | Viewed 1997 times ]

At this point, I began installing the bow styrene. I’ll show you that next time when I tell you “The Tale of the Flying LCI.” :heh:

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:52 pm 

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in the opening post, I started on this kit a couple years ago. At the time, I was working in Yokosuka, Japan for about a month. My employer had paid for a hotel and I’d brought this kit along for something to do in my off time to keep out of trouble. This brings me to recall The Tale of the Flying LCI.

Working on a model in a hotel requires extra precautions. Modelling materials can get messy and fumes from glue can build up. To keep the air clear in the room, I would open the window anywhere from a few inches to wide open.

My room was on the 8th floor and although Yokosuka always seemed to be windy, the wind on the 8th floor was extremely strong. The wind didn’t blow into the window, though. Instead, the wind would blow across the window, whipping the curtains, occasionally violently sucking them out and blowing them directly back in.

One night, after installing styrene on the sides of the hull side panels on the bow, I decided to take a break and let the room air out after using a lot of glue. In an effort to quickly dissipate the fumes, I’d placed the LCI on the window sill. That particular night, the wind was especially strong and gusty. Although the wind kicked up fiercely, I had my attention on something else and paid no heed. At one point, I suddenly remembered the model on the sill. I jumped up, went to the window and looked for my model. It was not where I thought I'd left it. Did I absent-mindedly put it somewhere else? I was sure I'd put it on the sill. I looked all around the room near the window, thinking maybe I was mistaken and had actually put it close to the window, but not on the sill. Soon, my suspicion that the model had gone out the window was confirmed; the model was no longer in the room. The only place it could be was somewhere outside. :Mad_6: I leaned out the window, trying to spot the half-gray and half-white styrene model. Nothing. I realized that it must've fallen somewhere down below amidst the bushes along the ground floor of the hotel. It was nighttime and from the 8th floor, I wasn't likely to see it in the dark. I began to think I’d lost the model forever. All that work and now, my LCI was going to find a new home as a bathtub toy for a Japanese kid. Realizing I had nothing to lose, I decided to take a chance and go downstairs to see if I could find it.

When I got to the ground floor of the hotel, I began scouring the area below my window, but I found that it was blocked off: it was an area for hotel employees only. I thought, “If only I could get one of the employees to either look for it for me or let me into the area to search, maybe I could find it.” A few minutes later, one of the bartenders, a sweet older woman who everyone called, 'Mama-san,' came along. I tried to speak slowly and clearly: could she please help me; a model ship had fallen out of my window. Could she help me search for it? She motioned me ahead of her; it looked like she was going to help. I was suddenly optimistic about recovering my model. We walked a few feet and then she motioned to the staircase leading to my room and said, "Please." She hadn't understood a word. Or maybe she just thought I was nuts or drunk. She wasn't going to help.

I went back up to my room. In between bouts of condemning myself for being so careless, I looked out the window again several times, hoping to spot it. No amount of intent staring would reveal where the model landed. Well, I hoped, maybe the hotel workers would find it and I could get it back. I just hoped nobody walking along the street behind the hotel found it and took it home to his children.

The next morning, before I went to breakfast, I decided to look again. My room is at the end of one wing of the hotel. The adjacent wing appears to have been a later addition to the hotel and was of a different design. Each floor of the adjacent wing had open-air walkways. I hadn't noticed that the night before. “Maybe the model had been blown into one of these walkways?” This time, I decided to look at some of the lower floors in the other wing.

By chance, I went to the fourth floor and opened the door to the open-air walkway. There on the floor in front of me was the aft portion of the model. The bow of the ship had obviously broken off during the LCI’s flight. “Hallelujah!” I thought. As much as I disliked the idea of starting over building a new bow, I could live with regaining the stern of the ship. After all, all it would take was more styrene and time to build another bow. But I hoped that maybe my luck would continue - maybe I'd find the rest of the model? I checked every floor, expecting to see the white styrene bow sitting on the floor, waiting for me. Alas, no. As I left for work, I was not quite so mad at myself as before, but still grumbling and making plans to build a new bow. :Mad_5:

After work, I decided I'd see if there were a way around to the back of the hotel so I could search for my model without having to rely on any of the local Japanese. I quickly found that the hotel owners don't want people wandering behind their hotel; the accesses were locked up tighter than Fort Knox. Well, now I was almost as downhearted as when the wind first took my model. Hell, I thought, I'll try one last time to see if I can spot it. I went to the first floor walkway for a look. Nothing. Then, by chance, I looked through an opening in the wall on the walkway and there was the missing bow! But it was out of reach. I looked around for something that would enable me to hook the bow and drag it towards me, but there was nothing. I briefly thought about trying to get help from the hotel staff, but then, recalling how I'd been shown the door the night before, decided to exhaust all of the rest of my options before I tried to get their help again.

I needed something to extend my reach. My umbrella! I went up to my room and got it. The day was warm and sunny, so I imagined it looked strange for me to be walking around with an umbrella, but I was on a mission to retrieve the rest of my model. With a tool to reach the model, I now began probing blindly through an opening in the wall. It was a long drawn-out effort to snag the model because I couldn’t directly see the results of my efforts. I'd swipe at where I thought the bow was and then pull my arm back and have a look and then regroup. I didn't seem to be having any luck. I kept at it and soon, I noticed that the bow was slowly moving my way until finally, I was able to reach out and grab it. Ah, sweet victory! :woo_hoo:

And now you know the Tale of the Flying LCI :heh:

Attachment:
File comment: The LCI model after its first and only flight
Flying LCI.jpg
Flying LCI.jpg [ 132.95 KiB | Viewed 1965 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:03 pm 

Hi everyone,

Fortunately, the hull and bow had a clean break as a result of the LCI’s first flight and I set to work putting the model back together.
Attachment:
File comment: The hull and bow went back together easily.
photo 01.jpg
photo 01.jpg [ 189.96 KiB | Viewed 1942 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: After installing the sheeting on the bow, the seams were filled in with green putty and sanded.
photo 02.jpg
photo 02.jpg [ 122.47 KiB | Viewed 1942 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Then, a shot of gray primer to check out the appearance. The green putty amidships is filling in the troublesome divots outboard of the bulkhead aligning guides. These divots can be seen on every molding of this kit. They are easy to overlook and even show up on some completed models. The lower hull sheeting has some tricky curves, so I’ve saved it for last.
photo 03.jpg
photo 03.jpg [ 99.78 KiB | Viewed 1942 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:38 pm 

Hi everyone,

At this point, the model was starting to come together. Take a look:
Attachment:
File comment: Superstructure deck installed and held in place while glue cures.
photo 1.jpg
photo 1.jpg [ 106.01 KiB | Viewed 1907 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Due to the extensive mods to the hull and the poor fit-up of this old kit, some filling around the superstructure surfaces was necessary to get rid of the prominent seams.
photo 2.jpg
photo 2.jpg [ 167.52 KiB | Viewed 1907 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Most of the alignment holes on the superstructure are unnecessary, so I filled them with pieces of styrene rod. It turns out the portholes on the port side of the superstructure are in the wrong location, so after having drilled them out earlier, I’ve filled them in. You can see I’ve installed the lower hull below the bow chines – quite a challenge. The distinctive joint on the chines was replicated using .040 x .040 inch styrene. Also, I used .040 inch half-round styrene backed with .010 x .040 inch styrene strip for the missing upper rubbing strips on the edge of the new deck.
photo 3.jpg
photo 3.jpg [ 154.83 KiB | Viewed 1907 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:35 am 

I'm always interested when somebody does a rework this extensive. Please keep the updates coming. I'm intrigued to see how this turns out (and I also hope the model doesn't decide to go flying on you again). :smallsmile:

Jodie Peeler

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:18 pm 

Hey, at least it's one of those "stories you can tell your grandkids," especially with a happy ending! :big_grin:

On the ways:
1/200 Trumpeter HMS Nelson
1/700 Tamiya USS Yorktown CV-5

In the stash:
1/35 Italiari PT-109
1/35 Tamiya "Pibber" Patrol Boat
1/350 Trumpeter USS Yorktown CV-10

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:51 pm 

Hi everyone,

At this point, if you were following along in your own conversion of the model, the model could be finished by attaching all the little bits and pieces from the kit onto the hull. Of course, if you’ve read my other threads, you know I wouldn’t take that path. Today, I’ll show you the start of detailing-up the model and replacing some of the really poor fittings from the basic kit.

First, I want to thank Jodie for posting these kind words:
Quote:
I'm always interested when somebody does a rework this extensive. Please keep the updates coming. I'm intrigued to see how this turns out (and I also hope the model doesn't decide to go flying on you again).

Sean also commented on the Flying LCI:
Quote:
Hey, at least it's one of those "stories you can tell your grandkids," especially with a happy ending! :big_grin:

Jodie and Sean, I’ve learned my lesson from my brief journey into nautical aviation – keep the model away from the window sill! I won’t be doing that again. :heh: Glad to hear you enjoyed the story - I’ve been dying to tell it since I got back!

Great to hear from you both! :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Now, let's take a look at some of the changes:
Attachment:
File comment: I was going to try to minimize some reworking of the model and use the kit ladder houses, filing slots in the edges for inserting some angle styrene to replicate the ladder installation on the actual ships. After going to this trouble, I realized the model had the wrong number of steps. Oh well, time to regroup.
photo 01 ladders.jpg
photo 01 ladders.jpg [ 197.6 KiB | Viewed 1850 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Here you can see a number of changes. First, I filed the faces of the ladder houses flat so that new steps can be added. I also modified the plan of the forward and aft ladder houses. The kit’s shapes are close, but no cigar. I built up the bulkheads of the ladder houses with .010 inch styrene sheet. Eventually, I’ll add 3/64ths inch angle styrene to the ladder houses and insert steps of .010 x .040 inch styrene. The fantail hatch to after steering is a piece of .125 inch styrene tube, capped with .010 inch styrene and a PE handwheel.
photo 02.jpg
photo 02.jpg [ 124.54 KiB | Viewed 1850 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: I’ve also begun adding chocks and the bases for the bitts. Chock bases were fashioned out of .100 x .125 inch styrene. Bitt bases are strips of .010 x .100 inch styrene for the focsle bitts and .010 x .060 inch styrene for the rest of the hull.
photo 03.jpg
photo 03.jpg [ 195.94 KiB | Viewed 1850 times ]

Report this post
 Post subject: A bit of work topside
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:51 am 

Hi everyone,

Been making slow progress the last couple days; too many irons in the fire, I guess! Today, a little bit more progress on the bitts.
Attachment:
File comment: The focsle bits are .060 inch styrene rod, while the rest of the bitts are .040 inch styrene rod.
photo 01.jpg
photo 01.jpg [ 196.56 KiB | Viewed 1782 times ]
Attachment:
photo 02.jpg
photo 02.jpg [ 195.3 KiB | Viewed 1782 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 pm 

Hi everyone,

Can you believe it? - The last time I posted anything about this project was June 10, 2017; over 3 years ago! My oh my, how time flies! Those who have been following this thread have probably wondered if I’d given up or the ‘Flying LCI’ had flown the coop. I want to assure you that neither is the case. (BTW, if you are new to this thread and don’t understand the meaning of the ‘Flying LCI,’ see my post from May 31, 2017.) Several projects got in the way of this one and it got moved to the back of the line, but the shipyard is back to work once more. Today, let me tell you about progress I’ve made since the last post.

In the past couple days, I finished up the port and starboard chines on the lower hull using .040 x .040 inch styrene strip. I added the steps to the aft superstructure ladder using .010 x .040 inch styrene strips. I also added details to the superstructure WT doors and drilled the holes for the lifeline stanchions. The most prominent change is the addition of the gun tubs, which are .005 inch brass. Here’s a couple views:
Attachment:
File comment: A few of the deck details have gotten broken off in the past 3 years while the model has been shuffled around, so I'll have to do some rework there!
20200928_01.jpg
20200928_01.jpg [ 100.38 KiB | Viewed 1591 times ]
Attachment:
20200928_02.jpg
20200928_02.jpg [ 148.12 KiB | Viewed 1591 times ]

I still have a bit of detailing to do, but I am already planning for the final paint scheme. Originally, I’d thought about painting the model overall haze gray. Lately though, I’ve changed my mind; I’ve decided to paint yet another model in camouflage. This time, I am going to paint it as the ships appeared fresh out of the shipyard. Here’s a photo of the LCI(L)-798 to show you what I’m am thinking about.
Attachment:
File comment: The speckling will be a bit of a challenge, but I can already picture in my mind what it will look like! This photo is courtesy of Navsource.org
LCI(L)-798 01.jpg
LCI(L)-798 01.jpg [ 78.84 KiB | Viewed 1591 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:23 pm 

Happy Halloween, everyone!

As usual, I’ve gotten sidetracked with other projects and travel, but now I’m trying to settle down for the winter and get some work done on this project. Here’s a couple photos of the latest work.
Attachment:
File comment: I've begun detailing the focsle and also etched the bow doors. The doors had a lip on the top and bottom that overlapped the hull when the doors were closed; I've replicated these with .010 x .020 inch styrene. That is a bit over scale, but once the final painting is done, that won't be too obvious. I installed steps of .015 x .040 inch styrene on the superstructure forward ladder. You can see that I've installed the overboard discharges, also. These began as .100 C-channel styrene, which were lightly sanded down.
2020_10_31.jpg
2020_10_31.jpg [ 169.16 KiB | Viewed 1474 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: The stern anchor base is now installed. The horizontal frame is .030 inch piano wire. The vertical pieces are .020 inch piano wire. You can also see I installed the 'eyebrows' over the portholes. There were made from .125 inch styrene tubing, drilled out, sectioned, cut in half, and attached with liquid cement.
2020_10_31 02.jpg
2020_10_31 02.jpg [ 149.93 KiB | Viewed 1474 times ]

I've also begun detailing the conn superstructure, but haven't included photos of that. Just as with my waterlined LCI project, I started over on the conn, discarding everything from the kit's conn, with the exception of the aft deck house. The shell of the conn was made from .020 inch styrene, with .040 inch decks. I aligned the seam of the conn with where the aft deckhouse attached to the conn. I capped the conn on the top with a piece of .010 inch styrene. This would become the sill of the venturi. Then, I removed the excess styrene material inboard to open up the conn. Next, I installed venturi stand-off brackets of .015 x .040 styrene. Finally, the venturi face of .010 x .080 inch styrene was attached. Once I finish detailing the exterior of the conn superstructure, I'll post some photos.

I have some detailing to do on the forward deck, such as deck hatches, and then, I'll build and install the gunwale bulkheads.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:12 am 

Hi everyone,

A quick update on the model. Since the last post, I’ve done quite a bit of detailing, such as installing the deck hatches and starting on the gunwale bulkheads. Here’s some photos.
Attachment:
File comment: I scratchbuilt the bow anchor handling equipment and the base for the stern anchor fairlead.
20201112_01.jpg
20201112_01.jpg [ 126.29 KiB | Viewed 1361 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: I've added additional details such as scribing the bow doors, adding the hinges for the bow doors, and installing deck hatches with PE handwheels. On the lower hull, I kept the centerline skeg at the stern, but replaced the outboard skegs with ones made of .030 inch styrene. I scratchbuilt the stern diffuser with various thicknesses of styrene.
20201112_02.jpg
20201112_02.jpg [ 111.23 KiB | Viewed 1361 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Here's a view of the model with the conn superstructure posed. As you can see, I kept the aft deck house portion of the kit's conn, but scratchbuilt the rest. I still have some detailing to do on the conn, though.
20201112_05.jpg
20201112_05.jpg [ 131.7 KiB | Viewed 1361 times ]

The gunwale bulkheads are made of .015 inch styrene. The upper ledge of the bulkheads will probably be made of .040 x .010 styrene strip and the ribs on the inboard side of the bulkheads will be made from .020 x .020 inch strip and .020 x .080 styrene strip. Once these details are complete, I'll apply the base coat of green. The next post should give you an idea of how she looks in green!

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:09 pm 

Hi everyone,

Since the last post, I finished detailing the gunwale bulkheads and applied a quick coat of paint in preparation for painting her green. I wanted to show you this because she is so pretty, it almost makes me want to leave her in gray! :cool_2: Here’s some photos:
Attachment:
File comment: I used .020 x .100 inch styrene for the large vertical ribs and .020 x .020 inch styrene on the smaller ribs. This photo was taken before the top cap of .010 x .040 inch styrene was applied. Everything was assembled with a lot of stinky liquid cement!
20201115_01.jpg
20201115_01.jpg [ 213.09 KiB | Viewed 1285 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Just about ready to apply the green. I still have work to do on the conn superstructure, but it won't hold up the painting of the hull. I won't attempt to apply camouflage with the conn superstructure attached, either.
20201115_02.jpg
20201115_02.jpg [ 97.03 KiB | Viewed 1285 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: I painted her gray because I wanted to have a good initial coat of paint for the final coat to bond to. Some areas are a little thin, so I'll touch those up.
20201115_03.jpg
20201115_03.jpg [ 154.81 KiB | Viewed 1285 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Coming up soon: the Flying LCI in green!
20201115_04.jpg
20201115_04.jpg [ 121.88 KiB | Viewed 1285 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:09 am 

Looking good John!

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:03 am 

Looks very convincing!

Nice work! Tom

Report this post
 Post subject: Hull in OG 5 Ocean Green
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:30 am 

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much to David (dhenning) and Tom (Fliger747) for stopping by and posting comments; your encouraging words are greatly appreciated! :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Since the last post, I’ve applied the initial coat of Ocean Green (OG 5.) Here’s some photos:
Attachment:
File comment: I cleaned up some defects on the hull that were revealed by the primer and then applied an initial coat of Ocean Green
20201119_01.jpg
20201119_01.jpg [ 152.08 KiB | Viewed 1188 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: There are still some thin spots that will need to be touched up. Otherwise, I'm pleased with how it turned out.
20201119_02.jpg
20201119_02.jpg [ 150 KiB | Viewed 1188 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: This view shows some of the fantail details.
20201119_03.jpg
20201119_03.jpg [ 270.04 KiB | Viewed 1188 times ]
Attachment:
20201119_04.jpg
20201119_04.jpg [ 142.04 KiB | Viewed 1188 times ]

You are probably wondering where the conn superstructure is. Well, it is taking a bit of work. As I’ve mentioned before, I scratchbuilt a new superstructure but retained the deck house on the back of the superstructure. I’m almost down with detailing the exterior of the superstructure, but before I paint it, I want to do some interior detailing of the conn. Here’s some photos:
Attachment:
File comment: The sidelights were made from .080 angle styrene, with strips of .010 x .080 styrene.
20201119_06.jpg
20201119_06.jpg [ 179.1 KiB | Viewed 1188 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: I kept the deck house, but its shape in incorrect. The deck platform on the top should actually be square and the starboard bulkhead needs to be inclined outboard. I've built that up with styrene and putty. I also relocated the mast to a more accurate location about .060 inch to starboard. The ladder was constructed from frames of .060 inch angle styrene and steps of .015 x .060 styrene.
20201119_07.jpg
20201119_07.jpg [ 145.6 KiB | Viewed 1188 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:13 pm 

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. Since the last time, I’ve gotten distracted by many other projects, as usual. However, I have worked on detailing the conn superstructure and painted it Ocean Green 5. Here’s some photos of the model with the conn positioned temporarily. As I mentioned previously, I won’t permanently install the conn until I’ve completed the camouflage.

Attachment:
File comment: I used the kit’s mast and added the flag staff and braces using stretched sprue. The mast head light is bits of styrene.
12-05 01.jpg
12-05 01.jpg [ 173.88 KiB | Viewed 1068 times ]
Attachment:
12-05 02.jpg
12-05 02.jpg [ 134.22 KiB | Viewed 1068 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: I forgot to install the door to the upper conn. I will have to make that, paint it, and install next.
12-05 03.jpg
12-05 03.jpg [ 189.27 KiB | Viewed 1068 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: I installed the seats port and starboard in the conn, as well as the desk and slatted deck, but I will hold off until later to install the compass and pelorus.
12-05 05.jpg
12-05 05.jpg [ 184.74 KiB | Viewed 1068 times ]

From this point, my next task is to begin painting of the camouflage. This the part I dislike most, since I second-guess myself so much. :Mad_6: :censored_2: So, it could be a while before the next post!

Report this post