The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:16 am 

I've had a lot of problems with this kit and I took shortcuts due to being new to the hobby. I wonder do you think this kit can be salvaged into a decent looking kit, Im undecided if I should continue building it.

Attachments:
20200425_020033.jpg
20200425_020033.jpg [ 372.99 KiB | Viewed 2049 times ]
20200425_020353.jpg
20200425_020353.jpg [ 371.17 KiB | Viewed 2049 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:04 am 

IMO, you should try and finish it, and use it as a learning experience, to apply to the next build.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:40 pm 

MartinJQuinn wrote:
IMO, you should try and finish it, and use it as a learning experience, to apply to the next build.

Thanks for the encouragement, I've looked at a ton of reference pictures and fixed my mistakes on the kit which makes me feel better about continuing the build. I will definitely use this ship as a learning experience going forward in the future.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:00 am 

Hi there, Shipclambake,

shipclambake wrote:
I've had a lot of problems with this kit and I took shortcuts due to being new to the hobby. I wonder do you think this kit can be salvaged into a decent looking kit, I´m undecided if I should continue building it.

You should. Not only that it is a learning experience, as Martin very correctly said, but also that as far as I can see, the kit is in regular/good condition, not yet halfway in the construction, and not painted on top of it. I have salvaged kits in way worse condition, virtually from the scrapyard, and it has worked.

Best of luck and best regards,

Willie.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:52 am 

Willie wrote:
Hi there, Shipclambake,

shipclambake wrote:
I've had a lot of problems with this kit and I took shortcuts due to being new to the hobby. I wonder do you think this kit can be salvaged into a decent looking kit, I´m undecided if I should continue building it.

You should. Not only that it is a learning experience, as Martin very correctly said, but also that as far as I can see, the kit is in regular/good condition, not yet halfway in the construction, and not painted on top of it. I have salvaged kits in way worse condition, virtually from the scrapyard, and it has worked.

Best of luck and best regards,

Willie.

Hey Willie, The kit has grown on me a lot recently the more I look at it the more I want to work on ot and finish it. Day by day I revisit it to add more and more that Ive left off of it and it gets better look all the time. Im going to keep working on it, Im waiting for some putty to show up to fill in the gaps and add more details on it thanks for the advice of keeping it.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:54 am 

agree with the above suggestions. Just keep on building in an earnest manner. Chances are you will be surprised by what you can achieve.

Report this post