The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 5:26 pm 

Man!! Work Schedule!!! :Mad_6:

After almost three (3) weeks w/o a Whole weekend to myself, I finally have one AND was busy working on JS Towada AOE-422!!! :jump_1:

I Am Almost There in finishing this -- well detailed model!!!

As was asked in a previous post .... will I be putting walkways down on the deck....

The answer is as follows.....

Even that railing Right-In-da-Middle of the all those wires..... NOTE: Add decals Before placing wires!!! :Mad_6: :huh: Didn't lose any wires but it WAS quite a feat placing decals down w/o damage!!! :dead:

Netting was done, but ran out of JMSDF-type netting...... I HOPE that I don't have rivet counters here on this site!!

NOTE 2: Small boat can be deployed....need to re-attach the Bigger boat, but it will do the same.

Just a Little bit more, Still thinking of attaching sailors on deck, but I do have this ship with her flagstaffs up....so Not an UNREP dio, but it is my First oiler!

Just need to add weathering ( even for this type of ship....JMSDF sure do Great Job upkeeping her!! ), sig-flag lines and flags AND lastly the hull number!!

M

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:09 am 

Nice work.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:17 pm 

Thanks, 'DanK'......as Long as it took to build ( mostly because of work schedule & building another model for my new job-site ), it has been an Interesting and Fun build!! :thumbs_up_1:

Lessons Learned: As this is my 1st Auxiliary-ship build, I do have two (2), once I lay the machinery winches & derricks, paint.....add the decals.....THEN wire it up! :thinking: 2) I Still need to get better pics of oilers and other Aux-type ships.......Especially the spanning wires and placement....There SO Many of them!!

The other ships of this type is an American AOE.....SACRAMENTO-class, and LKA.....CHARLESTON-class, those require All of those Wires!!! I also have purchased a completed SHUGHART-class T-AKR-type ship that I need to wire up the cranes!!!

M

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:43 pm 

Finally, coming towards the end...........Work Schedule!!!! :Mad_6:

I added the flags about the ship and Still deciding to add 'sailors' about the deck, JS Towada AOE-422 is Not re-fueling, but this has given me some methods when I do my Next Aux ship.

But check these out....

Lowering of motor boat....

....Raising the motor boat.

And those walkways.

M. Mares

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:03 pm 

This is my culmination Project of my Fleet of JMSDF ships!!

Thanks to many of you who commented or gave me tips on my builds......could NOT have done this without Your help!!!

Enjoy my YouTube video of Phase I & II of my Fleet, but it will not be my last of JMSDF ships!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36vLBXdJzmM

:jump_1:

Mario M. Mares

Report this post