The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:17 pm 

Ahoi Dirk!

I am happy that you have found a good woman!! :cool_2:

Balance in life is good--at one time I built a lot of ship models and had no lady in my life...

I now live with a German lady--and still build models-- maybe not as many a year as in the past

but life is now rather better balanced.... :wave_1:

I look forward to seeing your new ship odel build at some stage in the future.... :big_grin: :wave_1:

alles gute !!

Jim Baumann

IPMS UK SIG (special interest group) www.finewaterline.com

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 pm 

Location: About 50 miles away from the Gulf of Mexico ( traveling W is you do so :)
Taking time off is never bad Dirk do what you must do because we all have priorities in life. Last time i touched my Tone was in march i remember well it was on spring break, i'm finally off from school at least for this semester so i intend to get back at her and hopefully finish it in the next 3 months. It's good to know you met a nice lady, although sometimes we men have to set our own set of rules i'm saying it because my girlfriend doesnt like me around my models either but she understands that i need time off things, stressful things and lately i've been real stressed up with school and my jobs and is funny because she asked me when was i getting back to modeling ships i was like hold on time out here what did you just say hahaha.. im sure she has noticed how stressful i've been. hope your lady understands and please don't get discouraged about the comments

Jose :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:55 am 

Keep with it and dont be disheartened. Im enjoying watching your build :)

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 pm 

Hi Dirk,

whatever your decision is, I wish you all the best with it! I agree that this board is occasionally discouraging. When you think you made a major milestone and post some pictures of it, sometimes there is no reaction at all. I learnt to look at the amount of views on my topics rather than the amount of replies. I myself notice that sometimes I don't post a reply to someone's topic or post just because I have no idea what to say apart from, "great" or "awesome". I do know that's sometimes all you need as a builder to be happy.
In your case, I must admit I didn't follow from the beginning, because I had very limited of time on the net, but once I discovered your build, I came back to check it out everytime I was online. I guess here is the point where I say (or should have said) "Great" or "Awesome" and that's what it is. I love your paint job and subject! I do hope somewhere that you decide to continue your build, but if you don't, and decide to spend your time with the girlfriend, then I'd have to say go ahead with it and be happy!!!! :thumbs_up_1: You will always remain a great builder and I hope to see some of your work in the future as well, including that finished Aoba! :heh:

Report this post