The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:55 pm 

I had posted a topic with the same name in the main forum some time ago, but for some reason that post has been removed or archived.....

I'm uploading my stockpile of ship plans that I found in several National Archives to the webarchive. I've created a collection that I called "Ship Design Drawings", click on this link: https://archive.org/details/ship-design-drawings to visit the collection

At the moment there are 975 sets of plans for merchant and naval vessels available, but I'm uploading new sets of drawings every week. To keep track of all uploads I made a simple spreadsheet that can be downloaded here: https://archive.org/details/ship_design_drawings_indexv1. Apply some filters for easier searching/browsing the plans.

some remarks about the drawings:

- I did not edit the drawings, only renamed the original files. If you are planning to use these drawings for your project(s), please measure every drawing yourself. Even though I did not edit them, I do not know what the original uploader has done with the drawings....
- Most sets of drawings are incomplete
- If you plan to share any drawing from this collection on any website, forum etc, please post a link to the collection of drawings in your post
- If you have any remarks about the drawings, or noted an error (I'm only human, so I make mistakes) please send me an email or pm or post your comment here. Please do not start a discussion in the review section on the Webarchive....

Have fun!!!!

Last edited by Foute Man on Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:54 pm 

Thank you!

Post subject: j leyland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:26 am 

Any hope of any CLAA- preferably Atlanta or San Diego?

Post subject: Re: j leyland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:14 pm 

Would you like to clarify the context of your post?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:44 pm 

Jon, are you looking for resin? Try AdamaModelShips.com for the 1/350 Atlanta ISW kit#4-119.

In styrene plastic, go with the Very Fire USS Atlanta CL51 for any of the early war CL51-54 quartet. It's available in Basic or Deluxe versions.

For a late-war San Diego CL53 or San Juan CL54, pair the Very Fire Atlanta with Matt Enoch's (Kraken Hobbies) future 3d-printed superstructure conversions. Matt's preliminary pix are awesome.

Brandon Lowe (Freetime Hobbies) hosted an Atlanta build-up video some months ago where he spoke of a spring 2023 release of another Very Fire Atlanta (CL53-54 or CL95-98 or CL119-121?).

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:55 pm 

Sorry for the confusion. I thought I was replying to a thread regarding " booklet of general plans". I was hoping that the gentleman could help with plans for this class, which is now of special interest with the relese of the Veryfire kit. Thanks, John

Last edited by Timmy C on Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merged into thread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:12 pm 

j leyland wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. I thought I was replying to a thread regarding " booklet of general plans". I was hoping that the gentleman could help with plans for this class, which is now of special interest with the relese of the Veryfire kit. Thanks, John

No, I haven't found plans for the Atlanta nor San Diego CL's in the public domain (yet), as DavidP already mentioned they have not been digitized yet. Only plans I know are from the Floating Drydock or Taubman, and I guess there are Polish or Russian plans for these vessels as well....

You can use the indexspread sheet (see link in my very first post) as an aid/tool to browse the collection

Happy hunting!!!!