The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm 

Hey guys,

Does anybody have good source of technical info on these ships? I have the wonderful set of plans that ANB sells for the ships but I am wanted to learn more about them, particularly how they were modernized in the 1890's?

I'm thinking of maybe modelling one of the ships during their later service. From Conway's, I know that Duilio received 3 4.7" guns in the 1890's, but I'm not sure where they were mounted. I've seen a picture of Dandolo with 3 shielded guns at the stern, however, this would not work with Duilio's torpedo boat bay.

Are there any references to the light anti-torpedo boat armament that both ships received?

Also, is there any reference to the ship's torpedo tubes? Other than the obvious bow mounted tube... the plans do not show the other two.

I'm also looking for information on the extensive rebuild Dandolo received when the orginal turrets were removed and replaced with 10" guns. Were these turrets similar to the newer Italian battleships? I cannot find any good pictures but it also appears the forward hull was built up to increase sea-keeping?

Thank you for your help.