The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:04 pm 

I am gathering material for a 1/100 sailing model of Redoubtable having been inspired by Alan Ludbrooks superb model in the 2003 Modelshipwright magazine. Alan has very generously passed me his drawings and I also have the excellent 3 part articles by Marc Saibene from Warship International.

My usual line of country is historical research into German pre-war gliders and building large scale rc models of them - so in researching French ironclads, I am quite out of my depth.

I am aware that Marc Saibene also published a book Les Cuirasses Redoubtable, Devestation, Courbet but this is completely unobtainable.
Apparently it duplicates a lot of the Warship International article but I have seen a poor quality photocopy of a splendid view of Redoubtables rear deck that appears on page 23. Can anyone help me with a scan of that page and if possible - any other photos of the decks and armament - even if if they are of the sister ships ?

To my surprise, I can't find any scale drawings of the 274mm main armament - any ideas ?
Any help much appreciated.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:31 pm 

I have just been fortunate enough to find a copy of Marc Saibene's book on French Ebay, which means that I appears to have all the few published references covering Redoubtable.

However I am still looking for detailed drawings and photos of its 274mm armament but with zero success.
I am guessing that there must be some contemporary French publications but can anyone help with references please ???

Many thanks, Paul