The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:36 pm 
So far, I've got the first two books in the series, British Battleships 1889-1904, and British Battleships of World War One. I'm still looking for a copy of British Battleships 1919-1939, if anyone comes across one, let me know. :D :D

To Jim Baumann: I may have a lead on another copy of British Battleships of World War One. If I successfully obtain it, I'll let you know, and may be willing to sell/swap if you're still interested.

Oh, if only these books weren't so scarce and expensive! :roll: :roll:

Post subject: RA Burt Book FS or FT
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:32 am 
Calling Jim Baumann!

I have found and purchased an extra copy of RA Burt's British Battleships of World War One. Unfortunately, it cost me $260! Since I already have a copy, this one is up for grabs.

Ideally, I'd like to trade it, with another registered member, for a copy of Burt's British Battleships 1919-1939, which will complete my collection (in at least good condition with dustjacket).

I'd also consider a trade for a bound volume of Warship 1993, with dustjacket, plus $150.

Otherwise, I'd sell it for $275 or best offer, which includes USPS shipping in the US. Overseas add $10.

Paypal preferred, money order OK, personal checks accepted from registered user.

If all else fails, I'll put it on eBay and will let the board know.
Best regards,
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:39 pm 

Ted in DC wrote:
Calling Jim Baumann!

Ted,

IIRC, Jim is off without e-mail (and models!) until Jan 24th...

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:41 pm 
OK, thanks for the heads-up!
I know he's looking for this one, so I'll consider all offers until I hear back from Jim, so as to give him a chance at it. Basically, if I could just get the money back I spent on it, I'll be very happy.

I wonder where Laurence is, haven't seen him post on the new message boards yet. I hope he reposts the British battleships bibliography he compiled.

Best,
Ted