The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hms tenacious
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 pm 

hi all. im new to this so please stick with me. my grandfather was an able seaman on tenacious durring ww2. his name was goerge eden. im after all the information i can get my hands on about the ship. i have been told that there is a book called ' hms tenacious, her story' if anyone can help me please email me at kirstyav77@hotmail.com my brother and son (11years old ) have become very intrested im my grandfathers time on this ship. it makes me so pround when my son michael want to know all he can about ww2 and the ships ect. also my grandfather had a photo of hms tenacious with the numbers "1126" written on the back can anyone tell me what it might mean.
thank you
kirsty

Post subject: Re: hms tenacious
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:48 am 

Hi Kirsty,

You'll find a number of copies listed for sale here:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchR ... &x=51&y=16

Shady Grove Farm on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShadyGroveDuckEggs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 pm 
Hi Kirsty, my father also served on HMS Tenacious throughout WW2. His name was Raymond Hopwood (from Stockport, Cheshire) and served with his friend Charles Spencer (from Northampton). I am currently trying to find old photos of the ship along with some photos of other crew members which I know are still around somewhere. Good luck with your search. I will add any information I find as and when I get it.
Regards,
Martin Hopwood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:24 am 
Hi

My name is Rob Clark. My father Dennis Clark served on HMS Tenacious from 1943 through to 1946. He was a gunlayer on B gun, which was situated at the upper front of the ship. Dad is still alive and well & has plenty of memorabilia, including the book HMS Tenacious, her story.
If I can help with any information, please feel free to contact me through this site or my e-mail address which is b.clark@tritonconstruction.co.uk

Regards

Rob

Post subject: Re: hms Tenacious
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:44 am 
I have a copy of "HMS Tenacious - Her Story" in front of me. My father served on her at a 'very young age'. Sadly, he has now passed away.