The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: USS Vesuvius, 1/700
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:13 am 

Добрый вечер,товарищи. Спешу представить Вашему вниманию одну из последних моих работ-опытную канонерскую (или как её ещё называют «динамитный крейсер») USS Vesuvius. Этот интересный корабль служил с 1890 года по 1921,хотя,если быть точным,то его служба состояла из двух этапов. Первый этап (1890-1898) он прослужил в качестве «динамитного крейсера» с вооружением из трёх пневматических орудий,а второй этап (1905-1921) уже в качестве торпедного испытательного корабля после переоборудования,в ходе которого с него сняли пневматические орудия и установили четыре торпедных аппарата. На слом отправили в 1922 году. У меня модель построена ориентировочно на 1898 год.
Эта модель мне досталась в подарок с целой кипой других изделий,но с условием собрать максимально хорошо. В исходнике был только корпус по ватерлинию,палуба надстройки,труба,дефлекторы,шлюпки и поведённые мачты и шлюпбалки. Так как я люблю делать полнокорпусные модели,то первым делом сделал подводную часть по фотографиям картонной модели от Бумажного Моделирования (если не ошибаюсь). Были сделаны валы и гребные винты с рулем. На бортах установил по фотографиям иллюминаторы,сделал шлюпбалки и подпорки под крылья мостика. Из проволоки выточил мачты. Сделал площадку носового прожектора и сам носовой прожектор,якоря и три пушки Гочкиса.
На этом,собственно,можно закончить и предложить Вам посмотреть итоговые фотографии.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good evening, comrades. I hasten to present To you one of my last works-an experienced gunner (or as it is also called "dynamite cruiser") USS Vesuvius. This interesting ship, he served from 1890 to 1921,although,to be precise,his service consisted of two stages. The first stage (1890-1898) he served as a "dynamite cruiser" armed with three pneumatic guns,and the second phase (1905-1921) as a torpedo test ship after the refit during which it was removed with pneumatic tools and mounted four torpedo tubes. On scrapped dispatched in 1922 year. I have a model built approximately 1898.
This model I got as a gift with a whole pile of other products,but with the condition to collect as well as possible. The source was only the hull at the waterline,the deck, superstructure,pipe,vents,boats and conduct the mast and davits. Since I love to do polnomochiya model,the first thing I did the underwater part from photographs of cardboard models from Paper Modeling (if not mistaken). Were made shafts and propellers with the wheel. On the walls were mounted the photos of the Windows,made davits and the supports under the bridge wings. From wire carved out masts. Did the nasal area floodlight, and he bow projector,anchor, and three Hotchkiss guns.
This,in fact,can finish and offer You to see the final photos.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: USS Vesuvius, 1/700
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:40 pm 
Amazing detail for 1/700 scale. :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: USS Vesuvius, 1/700
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:57 pm 

beautiful build. You've done a good job of a very interesting ship

Report this post