The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:24 am 

I am a massive World Of Warships fan, and I recently built a 1/570 Scharnhorst for my friend who is also an avid player. I had a blast making it, so decided that I'd build a ship for myself. I bought the Flyhawk 1/700 Konegisberg as well as this, the Trumpeter 1/700 Richelieu. In the game (XB-1 / PS-4) this is the top tier French Battleship (alongside the John Bart) and I love it. It's fast and maneuverable for a battleship and it just has that French beauty to it with its raked funnel. I'm also somehow attracted (in a healthy way I assure you) to those awesome secondary batteries on the rear end.

I used the Flyhawk PE set and the Artwox Wooden deck set. I think PE is wasted on me really. I'm not that good with it, which maybe surprising given the small nature of my other stuff, but PE is a very different animal to styrene.
At any rate, it looks like the ship from the game, so that's all that really matters to me.

I am not the best boat builder as you can see. This is only my 3rd attempt at a ship so it's not too bad. Still no excuse though for not filling in those gaps in the mid section there.
Anyway, thanks for looking and I am open to any suggestions on handling PE and weathering advice
Si

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:55 am 

Thanks for posting this. I think your PE work is pretty good; it definitely enhances the ship. I agree that there are a few gaps that are obvious but overall a nice build. I really like the camo: very crisply done! :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 pm 

That looks fantastic! I'm not a gamer, but I love some of the camouflage schemes applied - I believe there was a Yamato model posted here somewhere in a WOW scheme. Of course, some of the schemes are utterly outrageous.... :-)

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:47 pm 

WOWS is probably my most used reference source. Their in-game models are generally pretty accurate as far as I can tell and great for finding small details to add, but especially great for rigging diagrams.

Excellent work on the camo!

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 5:08 am 

thanks for the feedback guys - I appreciate it. I'm still learning ships so it's a work in progress
I really should've fixed those gaps before I took photos of it but I forgot about them until I posted the images.
WOWS is a fun game to play! I'm extra happy now that they have finally released the Yamato as a "legendary ship" to 'grind out'on XB1/PS4. I'll be using a camo from the game to apply to my 700th Aoshima kit once I start it

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:18 pm 

Great build and camo job. French BBs don't usually move me, but this build pops!

Report this post