The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:35 am 

Hi everyone,

This is my first RC ship I ever build, it was 3D printed, and took about 150 - 200 hours to build and paint.

Thanks for looking, it's my first ship build, and I had no idea what I was doing for about 80% of the time.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:46 pm 
Very impressive model and figures. Wonderful work.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:10 pm 

Looks great! The entire ship is 3d printed? The figures look great. Who manufactured those?

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:50 pm 
Thanks everyone for looking and the comments.

@Dhenning. I saw a ship (not rc) online, and i really liked the look of it for some reason, so I got some plans, and started from there, I designed everything and printed it all here at home, I have lots more pictures on my instagram, buy they're mixed in amongst warhammer stuff.

Anyway, the hull, superstructure, rudder and engine mount was printed on a Prusa filament printer (I3 Mk3S) and the all the fittings and crew were printed on a Prusa resin printer (SL1). Everything was designed in Blender, except the crew, they were made and posed in Reallusion Character Creator, (imported into blender and tweaked).

The RC gear was left over stuff from other RC projects, but the running gear (propeller and shafts) I bought from Cornwall Model Boats.

It was a massive learning curve for me, having only ever done little nick-nacky things on my printers and very much considered an amature when it comes to working in 3D, but I relished the challenge and watched dozens of hours of blender tutorials on youtube.

hope this helps and answers some questions.

Report this post