I was unable to see the images?

Hope we can get you sorted out!!
best wishes

Jim Baumann

IPMS UK SIG (special interest group) www.finewaterline.com

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:27 pm 
Hello Jim,

Thanks, something seems to have gone wrong with uploading, 'll try imgur this time,

first a short personal note
I recently took up this hobby after a 6 year hiatus. I have already build several models to try my skills a little and for the past several weeks I have been occupying myself with the Academy kit of the Enterprise. I currently study public administration (bachelor) at Leiden University but due to COVID I have masses of spare time. I really like IJN ships but the local store doesn't carry them so I have to rely on purchasing abroad which takes more time and generally is expensive,

Before i'll delve in the kit I'd like to share a few details on the ship.
The Enterprise was one of 3 carriers involved in the battle of Midway. Significantly, where the Hornet performed even worse than abysmal, the Enterprise singlehandedly fatally crippled the Akagi and the Kaga while the Hiryu was fatally struck by a mixed squadron of the Enterprise and Yorktown operating from the Enterprise. So this ship singlehandedly killed of 75% of the Kido Butai. I think such details make this hobby especially interesting, but on with the model.

I had no experience with academy except for the personal bias that their kits aren't as detailed as say Trumpeter ones. Nevertheless, with this kit I was very pleased. Though the final result displays enough points for future improvement, I do quite like how it turned out.
as for the pictures, I am by no means experienced in making photographs, so bear with me

Unfortunately, a fall bent the radar. Also In the future I need to work on a way to lessen the amount of glue used in fixing the Rigging. As for the rigging, the kit did not include an instruction so I used the boxart.

For the colors of the deck and hull I mixed several Tamiya colors to get the shades of grey, red and blue I wanted.

For the wheathering I started with Tamiya black Panel Liner, followed By vallejo Rust texture and finished with Tamiya weathering master rust.

This version of the kit depicts the ship early 1942 before Midway. I have tried to arrange the planes in a manner suggesting a takeoff being underway.

and to end this with is a picture of the ship sitting between some other models.

Greetings from Holland and stay healthy
Gerco

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:18 pm 

Well at least I got the pictures up, now lets add the final one under my account instead of guest (however that happened I don't know :whistle: :Oops_1: )

I forgot to include the box.

Please let me know what you think of the result, and maybe someone has some tips on how to do rigging without using much glue?

Report this post