The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some of my models
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:11 am 

Hello All,

Here are some of the models in my collection:

This is the 1992 Revell USS DALLAS from their THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER boxing. It was built by my brother in 1992 but never painted. This past July, I had my friend, Warren Simmons paint it so I could give it to my brother as a birthday present.

Imagemydallasfinshed1 by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

Imagemydallasfinshed2 by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

This is my 1:72 model of the ARB-22, a Miami Ship Building 63-foot Model 293 which was used for Special Operations in Italy in 1944. The hull came from Chistian Sheppard-Capurro of MTB HULLS before he stopped producing his hulls. The model was started by Kyle Lord and completed by Warren Simmons. Kyle scratch-built the cockpit/charthouse section and fashioned the turrets from metal tubing. The weapons and radar came from Shspeways. The steering wheel and props/shafts were from an old Revell PT-109 kit. The rudders and smoke generator were scratch-built by Warren.

Imagemydallasfinshed2 by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

Imagemyarb22a by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

This is my model of PT-195 during the time period which the boat was fitted with a Maxon quad-50-caliber mount, two Mark XII 20mm mounts in the two turrets. It was built from the new-tooled Revell PT-109 kit. The model was originally built by Stan Pienkowski in 2021. The model was deliberately severally damaged by my former Personal Care Assistant out of spite. The model was then repaired, restored, and enhanced in 2022 by Bob Seitz. Bob fashioned retaining cables on to the torpedo racks from styrene strips which Stan for some reason, forgot to add. He also replaced the damaged barrels of the twin .50-caliber gun near the foredeck with brass replacement barrels. All of the weapons and the radar came from Shapeways. The decals (the boat numbers, the US insignia and the kill markings) came from a sheet I found on Ebay, I'm sorry, but I forgot the company's name. The Betty Grable/TOODLES decal was made for me by Bedlam Creations. The photos you see here were taken on the day Stan delivered the model.

Imagemypt195 by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

Imagemypt195a by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

This is my model of an USCG (from WW2) 83-footerON June 6, 1944, built OOB from the Black Cat Models 1:144 kit by Kyle Lord.

ImageIMG_8165 (1) by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8163 (1) by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8164 (1) by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

Cheers.

Tim Connelly

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Some of my models
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:15 pm 

I meant to post this, and not a duplicate photo of my DALLAS.

Imagemyarb22 by Tim Connelly, on Flickr

Tim Connelly

Report this post