The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CVM?
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:07 am 

thanks,
Love the design very simple and compact. I have one question on the platform below the three domes their is an object that is square in shape. I am guessing that is one of the of SLQ-32 Regardless this is a very interesting design not sure how they can add to it as the ship goes through overhauls and electronics are added. I think I am going to use the Wasp Kit and make this island as part of new upgrade to give more deck space.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:31 am 

Yes, it's the SEWIP Block 2 antenna upgrade for the SLQ-32 (aka SLQ-32(v)6) - here's LockMart's brochure on it: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/content/d ... ochure.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:49 pm 

I thought maybe we should re-think this project to a LAS (Landing Air Support) Ship.
The U.S. Navy really does not consider this an important factor to consider in the design of replacement ships/Classes. If you really break down the America she is designed for OSPREY and other Prime Movers not for Air Support of Operations. She was billed to support the Joint Strike A/C and AV-8B's because of the deleted well deck and Vehicle storage/support areas. So let's change the forward part of the ship with the ski ramp. I know the US Navy loves to have the additional spots for Parking and Prepping but with a simple configuration change we can omit adding systems that are not needed and we can add the additional hangar space to replace the lost deck spots.
Your thoughts?
:thumbs_up_1:

Attachments:
LAS-2.jpg
LAS-2.jpg [ 87.56 KiB | Viewed 1093 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:50 am 

"Among one of the largest departures for the SASC, their bill sets aside $30 million for the Navy for a preliminary design effort to create a light carrier for the service."

https://news.usni.org/2017/06/28/senate ... ump-budget

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:55 am 

SumGui wrote:
"Among one of the largest departures for the SASC, their bill sets aside $30 million for the Navy for a preliminary design effort to create a light carrier for the service."

https://news.usni.org/2017/06/28/senate ... ump-budget

Oh yeah! I see an America + 100' and an angled deck with 2 catapults forward. It just makes me wonder if they would be steam or EM. #goddamnsteam! :heh:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:35 pm 

Question has any one looked at the JMSDF New class of DDH. I have the 1/700 model coming full Hull.
I was going to see if I can modify the stern of my wasp to reflect the stern of this class and add that new reduce space island.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:12 pm 
Hi guys, Long time no post.
At the risk of jumping straight into the fire, it sees that what everybody is leaning toward amounts to a RN Queen Elizabeth. Or am I missing something?
George, Tampa (where its NOT snowing.)