The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:51 am 

Just like the Kriegsmarine, this is gonna be my dream project. What if you have two Tamiya 1/700 Prinz Eugen and you finish one of it as it is, what are you gonna do to the other one? Why not convert it to something else?

Everybody knows Prinz Eugen is an Admiral Hipper class cruiser, and so is Seydlitz. Seydlitz would probably ended up look like almost exactly as Prinz Eugen if she was completed as a cruiser but the Kriegsmarine change their minds and attempt to convert it to an aircraft carrier and will renamed it Weser. Unfortunately it didn't happened.

Fortunately for me, I have a book called Monografie Morskie Graf Zeppelin in Polish and English and by chance it got some line drawings of KMS Weser and other what if Kriegsmarine aircraft carriers. Lot's of plastic plates and rods are require to finish this project.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:43 pm 

Trumpeter's rumoured to be releasing a 1/350 Seydlitz/Weser, so if you're not in too much of a hurry, you might wait to see if they scale it down to 1/700 as per usual practice: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37762&start=3740#p955153

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:17 pm 

Timmy C wrote:
Trumpeter's rumoured to be releasing a 1/350 Seydlitz/Weser, so if you're not in too much of a hurry, you might wait to see if they scale it down to 1/700 as per usual practice: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37762&start=3740#p955153

That's gonna be cool! If they really gonna do it in 1/700 scale. I'm a guy with a small room so I can only afford to do 1/700 scale. Imagine if you have Trumpeter Graf Zeppelin, Peter Strasser and Weser in your collection, that's really cool!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:02 am 

I have been interested in this ship since the good old days of NavyField 1 and now of course WoWS. I searched for a long time to find information back around 2013/2014 but wasn't able to find much...

Until I looked at the Polish card modeling company JSC. They had a 1:400 model of the Weser and in pretty good quality too. I purchased on and tucked it away in a drawer - I someday plan to attempt to either build and then 3D scan/3D print the components to mold for a resin model or some type of conversion to plastic.

Unfortunately JSC no longer has the Weser in their catalog, just a laser-cut detail upgrade kit - but they do have some other interesting items.

Here is a view of the model - remove the (dot) and replace with a .

https://picclick(dot)com/JSC-German-WW-II-Weser-Aircraft-Carrier-Paper-154483414285.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:21 pm 

Just to say that the 1/350 Weser gets released for sale at the start of March 2022 in China from
Trumpeter models ,should be good !