The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:29 am 

jasonfreeland wrote:
Lasers don't generate X-Rays, only coherent light. They had a program to use nukes to generate directed X-Rays during the SDI days, but it never got past the drawing board. As to the quad packing, I'm aware of it I just want to save the tubes for Tomahawks. I have the room, so why not the Mk-56?

Don't worry about Seasick, man. He only aggregates information without an analytical lens. He has demonstrated that he is only a keyboard warrior; nothing more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:13 am 

navydavesof wrote:
jasonfreeland wrote:
Lasers don't generate X-Rays, only coherent light. They had a program to use nukes to generate directed X-Rays during the SDI days, but it never got past the drawing board. As to the quad packing, I'm aware of it I just want to save the tubes for Tomahawks. I have the room, so why not the Mk-56?

Don't worry about Seasick, man. He only aggregates information without an analytical lens. He has demonstrated that he is only a keyboard warrior; nothing more.

I never worry about arguing on the internet :big_grin: . I left off a lot of secondary armament anyways, some like the Mk 38s you really can just assume they will be there. Others like decoys and EW systems I'll get to later. What I really need is a copy of autocad, but that takes some heavy stones.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:13 pm 
Hey Dave are you "XV" over at Navweaps Discussion Forums?

I'm sorry Dave:
I don't like pouring large sums of money in to old ships

I Don't like putting AN/SPY-1F on to the LCS when the USN has more Arleigh Burke DDG with AN/SPY-1D than the total number of destroyers owned by the USA's top three potential enemies.
I can't see a reason to reactivate the Iowa class battleships at this date.
I think the 155mm AGS is a perfectly good gun.
I think you argue your points in a hostile manner like a lawyer, rather than in an open format.

I'm sorry Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:24 pm 
Half a century late, too bad the CB-3's Hull is gone. It would have had room enough for whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:22 am 

Let's relight this thread!

I will beginning a project soon. It will be a lengthened Burke to take the place of the Ticos. It will accomplish the following mission requirements:

Area AAW
Area ASW
Credible NGFS
ASW
Credible Naval Strike via missile and gunfire
Anti-swarm

This will have an armored hull, both internal and external, and have facilities for flags. It will also have the capability to support SOF operations. The radar array would be similar to this:
Attachment:
HD-wallpaper-js-fuyuzuki-dd-118-japanese-destroyer-japanese-warship-akizuki-class-jmsdf-japan-guided-missile-destroyer-japan-maritime-self-defense-force.jpg
HD-wallpaper-js-fuyuzuki-dd-118-japanese-destroyer-japanese-warship-akizuki-class-jmsdf-japan-guided-missile-destroyer-japan-maritime-self-defense-force.jpg [ 69.67 KiB | Viewed 576 times ]

Rather than working with a full SPY system that adds $1B to a ship.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:56 pm 

Seeing how the CG52s are slated for decomissioning, and the USN is unable to design a new large surface combatant, I have an idea.

We can expand the original DDG-51 Flight III design to accommodate the modern mission demands. There is no reason for these ships to be able to shoot the moon down, instead be able to perform "self" and "theater" defense. Since NSFS is seeming to be coming more and more important in reaction to potential threats, 155mm and 8" guns are being called upon.

65' beam
560' length
128 VLS AAW/Strike/ASW
8"/ 3x76mm ASuW
16 NSM ASuW

- Area AAW
- Credible NGFS
- Anti Small Craft
- Local ASW

This will have an armored hull, Major Caliber gun with 3 small caliber guns.
2 HH-60s and UAVs

-1-3 76mm guns