The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:49 pm 

Here is my proposal. With the Navy decommissioned all the Perry class FFG'S and the Ticonderoga Class getting long in tooth. Here are two thoughts. 1 do we need both a CG and FFG'S and two suggestions.
1. We look at JMSDF they have two ships that would meet the needs. 1 is the DDG 110 CLASS in its current configuration it would make a great Replacement for FFG'S. The second is the DDG 180 class. I know it looks like a smaller LHD. But it's a full DDG with all the sensors
It could have the flight deck area shorten with more VLS modules and small deck let say for four spots. Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:55 pm 

MAJOR-B wrote:
Here is my proposal. With the Navy decommissioned all the Perry class FFG'S and the Ticonderoga Class getting long in tooth. Here are two thoughts. 1 do we need both a CG and FFG'S and two suggestions.
1. We look at JMSDF they have two ships that would meet the needs. 1 is the DDG 110 CLASS in its current configuration it would make a great Replacement for FFG'S. The second is the DDG 180 class. I know it looks like a smaller LHD. But it's a full DDG with all the sensors
It could have the flight deck area shorten with more VLS modules and small deck let say for four spots. Your thoughts?

The DD110 is a great ship. :thumbs_up_1:

GAB

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:17 am 

I think my support for a Takanami-based FF replacement is well known for many moons through many threads here, so, naturally, I agree with it as an FF replacement.

Not following you on DDG-180. Do you mean DDH-181 - Hyuga class?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:23 pm 

Sorry Yes the DDH-180 Class. I know the navy does not need another class of ship with extended flight deck. But I am just trying to develop some projects for some of the extra ships I have. As far as the DDG-110 class I think minimum changes are needed. But not sure how we could get the design rights to build it. What would be designation FFG or DDG. I really think we need more support ships with a few roles like CV protection (AAW and Limited ASW/ASUW). Now with the DDH-180 Class I think if we redesign the Island to increase communications, add additional weapon systems such as several RAMs and VLS Modules along UAV launch and recovery ability. Finally it serve as deck for emergency landing and/or refueling.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:31 pm 

I would like to add this class of ship as another FFG replacement.. Not sure about her width and length her hull looks like a marriage of a Spruance/TYCHO and a burke. It has all the bell and whistles, VLS, 5 inch Gun, Harpoons, two HELO capability as well being gas turbine. Not sure about her electronics. I know she easily be built with NTDS Upgrades they used on Kidd class DDG.

Attachments:
ddh 975.jpg
ddh 975.jpg [ 27.68 KiB | Viewed 967 times ]